Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, it finally happened, we got a good rain. I'm with the rest of ya'll about radars accuracy. Actually it's probably time delayed to some degree. But i've watched red/yellow on radar cover our hunting woods for a time. Then go up and find there was no rain. Better than not having radar, but it can fool us. We also had a good rain here at Lake Seminole, Cypress Pond area for sure. Lots of lightening too.

Maybe this ol gobbler got wet

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 4,544

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I haven`t been to our cabin in a while. Hope my Satsumas that I planted back in the early spring are doin` okay. Last time I was there they had put on some growth.

Havana Dude

Just checkin in so I can keep up. Spent the morning and early afternoon getting Dad out of re-hab. Glad he is home, but he is far from out of the woods. In his excitement to get out, he may have over did it just a bit. His left leg got weak on him before I left. Never met a more stubborn man in my life, but I reckon his stubborness is what has gotten him this far. Hopefully he will take it easy the rest of the day, and not try and get around like the house is on fire. It's back to the doc on Friday to see where his blood levels are. What a nightmare it is to get all his meds sorted out for the week. It took 3 of us 30 minutes to get it all sorted out in his pill containers, and figure out what needed to be re-filled etc etc.

Where abouts are you guys hunting? Im just outside of Blakeley, and over the last 2 weeks, we have been getting GOOD rains.. 3 days after we planted, it rained so hard, some of our stuff got washed out

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Those orange trees should be ok.

My hunt club is just south of Lucille. The rains been missing us. But we got one yesterday. Planted plots twice and the drought got us.
Our wildlife won't suffer though, the farms around us have been irrigating 24/7. We're between 39 and 3 notch roads.

Havana Dude

Dang, just got a surprise shower here at the house. Short lived but we'll take it.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
It would take a tropical storm to recharge our aquafier. The thunderstorms are good, but not enough water. Lets hope it gets us by until we can have some serious rains. Not asking for bad weather, just rain.

You know, enough rain to wash out more of these

008-12.jpg

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Quite right Son.
Honestly, we need a serious storm that can give us several days of decent rain. And we need them often. It would help clean out the lake also.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree, the lake's a mess with hydrilla, pond weed etc.. Wish somebody would mow Spooner Field. lol

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Some of the place I use to fish for bedding fish (sandy bottom) now has 4 feet of muck on top of the sand. We need some high, fast water.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just experienced a strong storm at Lake Seminole from 6:15 til 7:20, electricity was out the entire time.

Havana Dude

It was pretty nasty when I left for work at 5:30. Got a good soaking.

miller

1.5 inches just NW of Quincy, much needed as most the last 2 weeks have passed us by. Quincy probably got 3 inches this afternoon. Either you are under them or not, and if you are, you get a good soaking; wish it was a little more widspead!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard rains here at the lake just run off into the lake. Need a slow soaking rain for a few days. I know, it makes for gloomy moods, but we need it. It will help our next deer season.

Maybe it will make these two bigger if they get more water and good browse

003-34.jpg

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gave a new member a tour of the woods today, we saw four deer and a turkey hen. It has rained on the Miller/Early county line area below Lucile, but not much. There's been some good winds as evidenced by the trees and limbs we found down.

Havana Dude

Got a nice little 15 minute shower a while ago. Perfect timing after mowing the grass and weed eating about 10 miles of ditch and fence lines. Ok maybe not 10 miles, but enough to burn a tank of gas in the weed eater.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
All we've been getting in our hunting woods are small, light showers. We really need a washing, pouring downpour to fill the swamps back up.
The drought really hit our plots hard. Planted em twice in hopes of rain, but it didn't happen. Best thing we have growing is watermelons and canalope, with a few peanuts surviving in some plots. Bet the deer, coyotes and coons get the melons before we do. lol

Swamprat

Swamprat
At least you will know the melons are ripe when the critters get on to em.

We got a real good rain today, just checked radar and maybe the lease will get some rain.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Makes me think of a sugarcane patch i had planted several years ago. It was ripe for the picking just about the time deer season opened. I was in no hurry though, it was far behind locked gate. That is until I went up one day, found the gate open and logging trucks going in and out. Went straight to my cane patch, and somebody had already gotten every stick. Pure theft if ya ask me cause the logging activity hadn't gotten to that area yet. I rode around but found no truck with my cane in it. Guess that was a good thing cause i was sort of mad at the time.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good rain at Lake Seminole this afternoon, came from the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.