Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Thread starter #21

Son

Wonder how many would hold out for this piebald? I did and when he showed up he was following a doe with two much larger bucks following. The Piebald aged at about 8 years old. We had been getting photo's of for about 7 of those years.

Attachments

Thread starter #22

Son

Did get around to mounting the old piebald, but haven't finished him yet. He weighed 177 pounds, kinda heavy for a SW Ga piebald. Antlers are thick and two points are broken off. First photo got of him 7 years before, he was a 1.5 year old 8 point.

Attachments

Thread starter #23

Son

Recent storms made a mess of our hunt camp. We have repaired most things, just a few small things to fix yet. Yards were a mess, we cleaned em up today. A tornado missed our campers by about 40 yards. Still have a couple large trees to remove from the front yard. Todays debree was limbs, vines, pine straw and leaves. Some trash as well, have no idea where it blew in from. Looks better now. Hand raked away from campers and building. Used the old 2N to rake the yard.

Attachments

Thread starter #24

Son

Our woods continue to be flooded. Been keeping an eye out for turkey sign. None found and we haven't had any turkeys seen since mid deer season. They left when the rains flooded our woods. Looks like it's going to be a repeat of last Spring. It's muddy and rough on vehicles. Don't see much activity on this thread, Anyone reading?

Attachments

Bear10

We have been definitely getting some rain this spring, there should be plenty of browse for the deer. I'm sure the farmers are happy to see it also. Hopefully we will have some cold weather during the upcoming deer season.

Bear10

There should be plenty of browse for the deer this year in SW GA with the rain we have had this summer. Hopefully it will produce good antler growth & healthy fawns. It's hard to believe that bow season is almost here.

i was riding a dirt road today near jakin (early co) seen a daggum big one. in the distance it looked like his horns was as tall as his neck was long. very tall.

Thread starter #29

Son

Hurricane Michael, cancer surgery, oral surgery and clean up after the storm wiped out most of my deer season. Managed to go a bit and have had some luck. One buck, two does and about 10 hogs. Have one buck to go if it will ever stop raining. Poor cell service from Verizon in our woods, makes it necessary to go all the way home to report kills. One more buck and i'm through for this season. Got too much to do, new roof when the metal arrives. Four ceilings to replace. May not do the work, but I want to be here when it's done. Woods are flooded.

Attachments

Thread starter #30

Son

Our woods are flooded, we're wading to stands. Slow season so far, does and young bucks. Our group holds out for mature bucks. We like water in the woods, but not as much as we have now.