Early Morning Striper Schooling Video

Scout'nStripers

I made a early morning run out on the main lake and saw some stripers schooling off in the distance. I guess nobody told the stripers that school is out this week so I decided to have a little topwater fun. For your enjoyment...

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Nice!!

Scout'nStripers

Thanks for the kind words guys. Running and gunning fall schoolies is a lot of fun, especially when the lake is glassed over in the morning and you can see the surface for miles. This is a good time to keep your head on a swivel and watch the surface. These fish will give themselves away and generally don't move far from where they came up. I think just about any walking bait in a light or chrome color will do the trick with these fish. Last week I caught a nice sack of bass on a little bone colored walking bait I made in the shop and yesterday it worked on some nice stripers. I was using 12lb flouro on a Lews baitcaster and an Enigma 7'3" MH casting rod.

Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys!
And had the lake all to yourself...:cheers:
That lasted about 5 minutes tops Arnie. That guide came flying in there from about 2 miles away. He saw the splashes too. I figured it wouldn't be long till the whole fleet showed up. I caught 1 more right after they pulled up and I went back to chasing bass.

Lanier Jim

Great video Jim....and I'm impressed...I didn't see one hook end up in your thumb :) LJ

Worley

Fish

Em voices in background sound familiar to me...If its blair sound a dang air horn or sumn, he needs to back off 😂...anyway fine fishies there pal, I dream of seeing Lanier look like that...Never does for me even in crappie season, it’s a dang jungle of boats every time I go...It’s a love hate kinda place for me, but great catch !

Scout'nStripers

Em voices in background sound familiar to me...If its blair sound a dang air horn or sumn, he needs to back off ��...anyway fine fishies there pal, I dream of seeing Lanier look like that...Never does for me even in crappie season, it’s a dang jungle of boats every time I go...It’s a love hate kinda place for me, but great catch !
Thanks Worley. That wasn't Blair that came up. I didn't mind, I already caught a couple when they showed up and I was on my way to a brushpile to bass fish anyway. I was out yesterday with my neighbor for a while and cruised up lake looking for surfacing schools and never saw any. It's hit and miss with the stripers on the surface right now. The bass are kinda tough right now too. Water temps are back up to 78-79 yesterday and schooling was minimal. Here's one of the biggest from yesterday morning.

Attachments

• IMAG2037_1.jpg
    IMAG2037_1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 490