Early Season Teal

Fenderbuilt27

I’ve never hunted Green Teal but wanted to give it a shot this year. Any advice on how to find and hunt them in South Georgia. Thanks for any help.

I’ve never hunted Green Teal but wanted to give it a shot this year. Any advice on how to find and hunt them in South Georgia. Thanks for any help.
Scout and scout some more. Chances are if you find teal you will find more blue wing than green wing early season. Also just a bit more info. If you got Florida and hunt early teal you can also kill wood ducks.

Water Swat

You'll kill way more blue wing than green if any green in early season. Find shallow muddy ponds ditches and such. Find them and kill them the next day.

MudDucker

Staff member
Teal motto ... here today, gone tomorrow. They show at my pond early and by the opening day are long gone.

Mark K

Banned
Teal are finicky little birds. I remember finding a decent amount one afternoon scouting and the hunt for them the next morning was on! A cold front (temp change of maybe 7 degrees) blew through that night and those little rockets left with the front.
The teal motto MudDucker said is unfortunately true all too often.