Econfina May 1 through 6

Gator89

Spent 6 days fishing at Econfina with my brother in law as my boat mate, Sunday through Friday.

Started slow, had a great day Thursday with 6 boats catching 2 person limits of trout. The 7th boat being a mud motor style, stayed closer to shore.

Nearly blown off the water on Friday.

Caught my first Cobia, a 20 incher on Tuesday and a 25 on Wednesday, both undersized, but safely released to grow and fight another day. One of the group landed a 35 inch Cobia.

7 boats fished, 2 per boat, 203 trout, 42 redfish, plus multiple flounder and rock bass harvested for the freezer and the Friday night fish fry.

My largest trout was 23.5 inches The largest in the group was 25 inches. My b-i-l and I released several fish over 19 inches since you van only keep one over 19 per boat per day.

We ate some good meals, made some great memories and enjoyed excellent fellowship with friends old and new.

Attachments

• 20220507_070633.jpg
    20220507_070633.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220505_065134.jpg
    20220505_065134.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0354.jpg
    IMG_0354.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 050722064.jpg
    050722064.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 72

slow motion

Great trip. Sounds like yall were dialed in. Great pics too. Thanks for sharing.

twtabb

We used to do a big trip like that but only for a long weekend. The restaurant was open back then. We would bring a crate of green tomatoes or bushel or oysters to go with our fresh fish supper.
Outstanding!
Looks like y’all had a great trip

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Spent 6 days fishing at Econfina with my brother in law as my boat mate, Sunday through Friday.

Started slow, had a great day Thursday with 6 boats catching 2 person limits of trout. The 7th boat being a mud motor style, stayed closer to shore.

Nearly blown off the water on Friday.

Caught my first Cobia, a 20 incher on Tuesday and a 25 on Wednesday, both undersized, but safely released to grow and fight another day. One of the group landed a 35 inch Cobia.

7 boats fished, 2 per boat, 203 trout, 42 redfish, plus multiple flounder and rock bass harvested for the freezer and the Friday night fish fry.

My largest trout was 23.5 inches The largest in the group was 25 inches. My b-i-l and I released several fish over 19 inches since you van only keep one over 19 per boat per day.

We ate some good meals, made some great memories and enjoyed excellent fellowship with friends old and new.

I saw your group at the motel.
We had to move our RV that week and rode the golf cart to the ramp several times.

Good catch.

Hit-n-Miss

Gator89

We drove up Sunday morning, fished a partial day on Sunday, then fished until 4:30 Monday through Wednesday. Knocked off at 2:30 on Thursday with a limit of trout in the box.

Friday the weather sent us packing about 1:45. A thunderstorm rolled in about 30 minutes after we finished cleaning fish and the boat.

We packed up and headed for home Saturday morning.

Hit-n-Miss

We used to do a big trip like that but only for a long weekend. The restaurant was open back then. We would bring a crate of green tomatoes or bushel or oysters to go with our fresh fish supper.
Outstanding!
Looks like y’all had a great trip
Was that with Daniel from Sylvester?

twtabb

No. My dad and I would take a group from Carrollton each year. This was about 12-15 years ago. The restaurant was open and Mercedes was the cook.