Electric Bike

j_seph

I've seen them with carts that attach to the back of the bike. They say it will haul a deer out of the woods with one. I was hoping someone had a Rambo or Quiet Kat or an off-brand that might give me more insight as to their usefulness.
Not sure where you are located but Pops Outdoors in Demorest has one on site and sales them. Seeing one first hand gave me the fever for one also.

Address: 3685 Habersham Mills Rd, Demorest, GA 30535

Phone: (706) 839-1487

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I've looked into the bikes and hear great things, but I wouldnt give you $11.32 for a quietkat trike. The front wheel drive plays hades and just a little slick spot will have it spinning so you have to stand up and lean forward to get traction and it is a mud slinging machine.

j_seph

I've looked into the bikes and hear great things, but I wouldnt give you $11.32 for a quietkat trike. The front wheel drive plays hades and just a little slick spot will have it spinning so you have to stand up and lean forward to get traction and it is a mud slinging machine.
You just hate standing up and leaning forward at your age don't you @Jim Thompson

shdw633

I've read many an article that states to stay away from front wheel drive unless you like falling down alot while going up hills!!

shdw633

For those that are veterans out there Rambo bikes has a great deal going on for their 750 watt mid-drive G3 model. Regularly it's $2600 plus but they have it on their website on sale for $1599 plus you get free bike rack and fenders (this weekend for fathers day). That's a good deal on it's own, but if you are a veteran you can request a code from them and get the bike for 20% less as a military discount, that's only $1280 for the bike. If you have done any research at all on electric bikes you will know that's an outstanding deal on a mid drive electric bike, especially a Rambo bike. I just thought I would pass that along.

Last edited:

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I have been thinking about an electric bike for a while. Based on some of the above comments driving rough terrain - it might not be for me. What about driving short distances through creeks... say deepest is 16”?

shdw633

I have been thinking about an electric bike for a while. Based on some of the above comments driving rough terrain - it might not be for me. What about driving short distances through creeks... say deepest is 16”?

From what I have researched the Bafang motor is very water resistant but they are not waterproof. Going across a creek most likely no problem, running down the middle of a creek for some distance with the unit submerged may end up causing a problem.

Dennis

I use to ride a mountain bike to some of my hunting spots but let me say before daylight with your weapon and your pack on your back it's real easy to hit a rut or rock and end up face planting in the mud. I went to something with 4 wheels I got a electric modified golf cart and have not regretted that decision.

llanier44

I've had a Rambo 750 for about 4 years now. Very powerful and does pretty well on DRY hills. I also have the trailer and use it to put up/take down stands. I have hauled a 175lb buck out of the woods on it. The issue is a wet, red clay hill-- ascending and descending due to traction. However, I have usually overcome this by hopping off and guiding it uphill (throttling it as I go). Still beats walking in the heat. The number 1 reason i got it was scent control. I am not laying scent down when I use the bike, and I primarily bowhunt. That in and of itself sold me. I ditch it downwind of me and throw a leafy camo net over it. The 750 is a mid hub drive. Have never had it run out of charge in a day (think the range is 19 miles)

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Just get this Toyota EV. Slap some all terrains and camo skin on it. 9k and does 60 kmh. lol
the_toyota_coms_is_a_single_seat_electric_car_that_toyota_se_big_140737.jpg

Can’t haul any corn in that one