Electric fence stopped working (not clicking)

SarahFair

I had a zareba and it quit working after a couple years

riverbank

I like this one because it's so strong. With hogs something needs to pop them good or they won't respect it. I might look into another brand if I can find one with the same power.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I bought a 10 joule from Owens about a month back. Seems like it was 259. I can't remember the name right now, but I know it has 2 fuses on it. One on the 110 side and one on the output side. You can talk to Glenn there, and he will get you fixed up.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
and I know for a fact it will light them up. I was trying to close a metal gate, and was being real careful not to touch that wire. I touched some barbed wire. Little did I know that the barbed wire was live, because my electric wire touched it when I tensioned the line. Even though it was attached to metal t posts driven in the ground, and had 5 stands of barbed wire, it still lit me up. A yellow flame shot off and hit my 3rd finger. It was numb for 30 minutes or more.

riverbank

I'd be interested to know what charger you have. I deal with owens a pretty good bit. Glenn delivered me some cattle panels out here before. I bet that 10 Joule unit will eat you up. Mines only 6 and I'm afraid of it.