Enron, Morality and Integrity

gordon 2

In the spirit of spiritual discussions: Morality: distinctions of right and wrong

Enron executives Lay and Skillings guilty. What are the spiritual, business and social issues involved that society would deem just to deny these folks their freedom?

What sin (s) were comitted or virtues ignored could we identify, that have revealed the the lack of integrity of these two individuals?

What were the spiritual principles breached that we now find loss of trust and loyalty in individuals and our society?

What was the sin(s) and the fanning effects of such sin (s) to you? Or in other words what was the effect of these two individual's crime (s) to your everyday life?? Was it severe? And how severe should the punishment be???

Gordo

StriperAddict

I don't know enough about all that went on, I'll just say that if there was embezzlement going on for sure, then yes, there needs to be punishment as described by the law.
As to the spiritual matter, every person shall be accountable to God for thier actions. If I was directly affected by the company's exec's actions, then I have to deal with the issue of forgiving them myself (or not). I would just hope the law and justice will be apprioprate for the crimes comitted.

IMO

C

Cward

Morality and Integrity .
I've heard of those traits.
I don't see very much of them these days though.

dixie

how did both the clintax's stay unmentioned?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
gordon 2 said:
In the spirit of spiritual discussions: Morality: distinctions of right and wrong

Enron executives Lay and Skillings guilty. What are the spiritual, business and social issues involved that society would deem just to deny these folks their freedom?

What sin (s) were comitted or virtues ignored could we identify, that have revealed the the lack of integrity of these two individuals?

What were the spiritual principles breached that we now find loss of trust and loyalty in individuals and our society?

What was the sin(s) and the fanning effects of such sin (s) to you? Or in other words what was the effect of these two individual's crime (s) to your everyday life?? Was it severe? And how severe should the punishment be???

Gordo
Spiritual would be stealing, lies
Business would be unethical practices
Social would be untrustworthy

Not sure how it will directly affect me, but they broke the law and should be punished for their crime

dixie

Follow BIG money and the demorats are going to appear, soon or later

StriperAddict

Cward said:
Morality and Integrity .
I've heard of those traits.
I don't see very much of them these days though.

Is it any wonder we are in the "Last days" ??:)offtopic: ):

2 Timothy chapter 3 KJV

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come...

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

AAADawg

StriperAddict said:
Is it any wonder we are in the "Last days" ??:)offtopic: ):

2 Timothy chapter 3 KJV

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come...

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.

If the above is true then we have been in the "last Days" since mankind stood up and crawled out of the primordial ooze. I especially find the specter of all mankind becoming incontinent....if this ever happens we will truly be in a MESS....

That is one of the best puns I have ever heard!!!!..a MESS....man thats rich....dang there I go again...and again!!! :rofl:

gordon 2

AAADawg, you going to communion to many times per day? LOL I once knew a bouddist that was manically happy and an intellectual tack driver. She would meditate every hour or so. In any case you are in tune with the buddist doctrine wether you know it or not: Suffering impregnates and determine's the life of all beings and being able to laugh about it.:biggrin2:

StriperAddict

Hey AAA, I didn't write "the book", God did. While you're at trying to debunk it, read Matt Chapter 24...

::ke:

AAADawg

StriperAddict said:
Hey AAA, I didn't write "the book", God did. While you're at trying to debunk it, read Matt Chapter 24...

::ke:

Which religion teaches that God wrote the bible? I was under the impression that at best it was inspired by God. I aint trying to debunk it...and I have read it from cover to cover.

StriperAddict

AAADawg said:
Which religion teaches that God wrote the bible? I was under the impression that at best it was inspired by God. I aint trying to debunk it...and I have read it from cover to cover.

Figure of speech, my apologies. But you're right...
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God.” (2 Tim 3:16)

Here's some more embelishment from "Inspiration", by J. C. Ryle:
http://www.biblebb.com/files/ryle/inspiration.htm

I only know that there is both a Divine and a human element in the Bible, and that while the men who wrote it were really and truly men, the book that they wrote and handed down to us is really and truly the Word of God. I know the result, but I do not understand the process. The result is, that the Bible is the written Word of God; but I can no more explain the process than I can explain how the water became wine at Cana, or how five loaves fed five thousand men, or how a word raised Lazarus from the dead. I do not pretend to explain miracles, and I do not pretend to explain fully the miraculous gift of inspiration. The position I take up is that, while the Bible-writers were not “machines,” as some sneeringly say, they only wrote what God taught them to write. The Holy Ghost put into their minds thoughts and ideas, and then guided their pens in writing them. When you read the Bible you are not reading the unaided, self-taught composition of erring men like ourselves, but thoughts and words which were suggested by the eternal God. The men who were employed to indite the Scripture spake not of themselves. They “spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (2 Peter 1:21.) He that holds a Bible in his hand should know that he holds “not the word of man but of God.” (1 Thess. 2:13.)