Et tu Academy Sports?

dwhee87

Disappointing. Maybe a local guns store will offer him employment.

drhunter1

These sports retailers are obviously run by a bunch of liberal idiots.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Until the perp leaves the doors of the store and enters the parking lot he is not shop lifting. He is merely carrying merchandise. Every store manager knows this and is directed not to interfere with the perp inside the store.

PopPop

Until the perp leaves the doors of the store and enters the parking lot he is not shop lifting. He is merely carrying merchandise. Every store manager knows this and is directed not to interfere with the perp inside the store.
Pretty sure all gun purchases at academy are walked out the door by the manager, that was my experience.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
The manager did the right thing. That is all.
It is Academy Sports. None of us should be surprised as none of us should be shopping there after their last corporate debacle with their virtue signaling campaign.

Fire em all and close the stores, won't matter to me in the least.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
Oops, my bad, that was the other sports store with the vulgar name that did all that.

Stupid Academy Sports, why did they fire this manager?

Absolutely ridiculous scenario.

Perp takes gun & five boxes of ammo and is stopped right there by employee.

Perp confesses to wanting to kill people then....and when he gets out of jail.

Things come down bad for the person who took action to stop this perp from carrying out this act....protected the store from involvement in such.....and has their policy thrown against him.

Maybe Academy would rather the employee gift wrap the weapon and then attempt to increase the size of the sale with other goodies......and AR, shotgun, ammo, etc.

Didn't occur at Dicks......but Academy. I would have expected better from them.

I'm shocked. I was there Tuesday, but must have missed the confusion. There are reasons to instruct employees not to try to apprehend suspects, but if I were the manager and it was a firearm, I would have done the same thing.

Oh and I've never had anyone walk me to the door with a gun purchase in Academy. Now at the defunct Gander Mountain, it happened every time.

PappyHoel

I’ve had them walk me out with a muzzle loader I bought from them. Now I can’t shop anywhere. I’m going to have to start crafting my own things.

Hopefully FOX News will grab the coverage of this and run with it. May not change a thing with Academy policy, but perhaps it will help out the fired employee and help him find employment quickly.

Robert28

Pretty sure all gun purchases at academy are walked out the door by the manager, that was my experience.
They didn't hand me the box until outside the doors. I did like that they made me inspect the gun prior to saying "ok I'll take it". I went over it for a good 15 mins and they didn't rush me one bit.

I've had a couple good experiences there buying guns, too. It's sometimes aggravating that it takes a near congressional act to get them to remove the trigger lock so you can get a feel of what you are buying.

Miguel Cervantes

GON Severe Weatherman
I just lit them up on the Book of Faces. Urged all of my friends to share the post. Social media has an effective way of shaming corporations into common sense actions if the posts get enough traction.

Can you imagine the alternate scenario. What if he refused to chase the guy because it store policy and he went on a shooting spree. That would be an absolute PR nightmare for a gun retailer. The guy did them a huge favor. He will have another job within 48 hours