Excitin results from trail camera watching deer trail

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Yeah I think so too! I think top 2 are a year older than bottom 3.
We've had cam up for almost a month and no picks of the wifes mystery buck.
But we are gettin longbeards and a 9 point buck that looks nice!
Also spikes, does n fawns, hens....no monster mystery buck

six

Oh yeah! I'd much rather see that on my game-cams than a big buck. Big bucks don't cause me to lose sleep, but swinging beards get in my head.

BASS1FUN

Nothing is wrong with you I bought another shotgun for when I have to fly to my turkey hunting destinations and I patterned it a couple of weeks ago now I’m ready to bust some beaks. I rather turkey hunt and elk hunt

Mark K

Banned
This is how I am about fancy colord tree rats.
I have a charcoal colored one at one of my stands that looks to pretty to shoot. I want to but just can’t bring myself to do it. There’s a big black male there as well as a smaller black/white one. That charcoal one just stands out. Watched him carry an old shed up a tree and gnaw on that thing for 30 minutes.

Turpentine

I have a charcoal colored one at one of my stands that looks to pretty to shoot. I want to but just can’t bring myself to do it. There’s a big black male there as well as a smaller black/white one. That charcoal one just stands out. Watched him carry an old shed up a tree and gnaw on that thing for 30 minutes.
I want take one from the stand either.
Nor a yard, nor a fence post. I hunt them. The one in my avatar has significant meaning.

Turpentine

Mark k I apologise for responding but not acknowledging your post in full. I was multitasking.
It is wicked cool you have some to enjoy while you hunt. I think the charcoal colord one might be what I call pine tree flavord. Lol.
i have not had the chance to harvest an all black one due to circumstances.... Laws, season, gear, location. However from my experience they are the most common. I read somewhere they started as black and then changed over time. I have proply seen 30 different all black. Also I am prone to believe most the blacks are female. IDK I could be wrong. Opposite to deer, female fox squirrel are more difficult to harvest. I started hunting them when I learned they are not as rare as I thought. They just have a different life style then cat tails. Harder to locate and find but easier to harvest (Most the time). I locate them early season and hunt them after dear season ends, whitch some times bites me because they switch from nest to tree den with seasons. Personal goal is one a year. Next to the all black the pine tree flavord ones are most common and I have harvested most of these.
pine Forest= pine tree flavord, all black, and silver/black.

A dime a dozen when you find the area.
White oak Forest= all black, calico, lemon pepper as Nick calls it I believe, white fases and the once in a life time veiw The all white fox squirrel.
IDK I think they are to cool.
If you get a chance please send a pic of the one you favor. I would like to see.

Mark K

Banned
Will do...I know I have one or two, lol.
And like you I never shot them because I thought they were rare...then I started hunting pines. Can’t get away from them now and way too curious for my taste! A grey might bark and hide or run away. A fox squirrel is coming to check you out!! I mean climbing the same tree to get a closeup view! And that bark just screams of something ain’t right over here, but don’t worry I’ll see what it is and make sure everything else within hearing distance knows about it. Got a trail cam pic of about 6-7 running deer off. Got one that will sit in a trough feeder for an hour and run every deer out of it. It takes 4-5 greys to run him off. He/she is a mean joker.

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like you have a real good Turkey population !!! Healthy birds at that. Awesome !!!

Turpentine

Will do...I know I have one or two, lol.
And like you I never shot them because I thought they were rare...then I started hunting pines. Can’t get away from them now and way too curious for my taste! A grey might bark and hide or run away. A fox squirrel is coming to check you out!! I mean climbing the same tree to get a closeup view! And that bark just screams of something ain’t right over here, but don’t worry I’ll see what it is and make sure everything else within hearing distance knows about it. Got a trail cam pic of about 6-7 running deer off. Got one that will sit in a trough feeder for an hour and run every deer out of it. It takes 4-5 greys to run him off. He/she is a mean joker.
Male fox tails can be fairly bold in there behavior (for there size and diet)
I have never witnessed them working as a team but I have seen one hold his ground with a buck. If I was that deer I would have left as well. That tail had a bit of badger in em that day. I would imagine it be a male. Females hardly leave the tree/nest. From my experience. I have had em bark to try and make me move so they can figure me out but once they do they fade away. I do not like Grey's how ever as they have ruined many hunts and they throw stuff at me. Like you I have had a fox tail come witen spitting distance, stretch out across a limb and watch me hunt. Just chilling with me. The behavior of a golf course tail heck even a farm tail is much different then those a few miles into the mnt. IMG_20190915_222536~2.jpgif you choose to harvest em. I imagine this is perdy close to what he would look like. A beautiful pine tree flavored rat. This one is female.

GeorgeShu

Few years back I was seting in a slough in a deer stand. Heard something off to my right and directly here comes a young solid black fox squirrel. make its way along. When it got closer I could see it had a white nose and white in the ears. It passed by. About 5 minutes later same noise same direction. Directly here comes a pure white, looked the same age. As it got closer I could see it had a black nose and black in the ears. The perfect “negative, as it were” of the first one. Very neat to see those color phases one after the other. Prolly litter mates, my guess.

Turpentine

Few years back I was seting in a slough in a deer stand. Heard something off to my right and directly here comes a young solid black fox squirrel. make its way along. When it got closer I could see it had a white nose and white in the ears. It passed by. About 5 minutes later same noise same direction. Directly here comes a pure white, looked the same age. As it got closer I could see it had a black nose and black in the ears. The perfect “negative, as it were” of the first one. Very neat to see those color phases one after the other. Prolly litter mates, my guess.
In my opinion, we are lucky to see a white phased fox squirrel.
I have only seen one pure white fox squirrel 10 or so years ago. I have been on the search ever since. I (missed) an all white male with a black face opening day this year and I am still sick as a dog about it. As that is my throphy buck. I my never get another chance.

Last edited:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
White one as in albino??
Or white hair on regular squirrel skin?
I never seen a white fox squirrel...never knew they came that way