Exploring Helton Creek Falls

That was one of our favorite swimming holes back when I was in school. You can actually slide about halfway down the lower set. Warning: it has been many many years since I have done this. Even back then we used to worry about broken glass being in there. The falls are much more accessible now and visited about a thousand times more often every year. Also you absolutely cannot slide off the top of the lower set unless you want a trip to the E.R. or the morgue. Thanks for posting this it brings back old memories. That water is beyond cold!

Thread starter #3

natureman

That was one of our favorite swimming holes back when I was in school. You can actually slide about halfway down the lower set. Warning: it has been many many years since I have done this. Even back then we used to worry about broken glass being in there. The falls are much more accessible now and visited about a thousand times more often every year. Also you absolutely cannot slide off the top of the lower set unless you want a trip to the E.R. or the morgue. Thanks for posting this it brings back old memories. That water is beyond cold!
Thanks, It is a bonus when I do videos that can bring back fond memories for others. And yes that water is very cold.

Last edited:
Fantastic! As usual.
Like the underwater footage too!

Thread starter #5

natureman

Fantastic! As usual.
Like the underwater footage too!
Thanks, the underwater footage was something new for me. However, I was never satisfied with the image quality and sold the Gopro 6 camera after a week's use. After going to a dozen streams in N. GA in dry conditions it seems they all carried to much sediment and debris to get the pristine clear shots that I desired.

I couldnt say for sure since I've only fished Wildcat, I've never swam in it. Helton creek will give you a full-on body "rush" for lack of a better word. I could never ease into it I always had to jump in and submerge quickly. Quite a shock to the system.