Face Mask/Face Paint/Bare Skin

Auto-5 Nut

When you hit the woods this Fall, what will it be or does it depend???

I have always used a hawk eye mask pulled tight, but it seems to take away from my hearing, thinking about going to a boonie (sp?) hat and face paint.

GeauxLSU

Net mask. I wear electronic muffs so my ears stay warm and my hearing is enhanced AND protected. Faces LIGHT up from long distances even those of us with beards. I ALWAYS have a face mask no matter what I'm hunting. It ain't easy being ugly.......
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Randy

I tried the face paint. It is messy, gets all over everything and is not easy to get off! I went back to the face mask.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I do not use anything except my hat pulled low when the leaves are still on the trees. When the leaves are gone and the weather is a little cooler i pull my neck gator up to cover a little more of my face. I used to use paint but it is just messy. As long as you are careful about how you move your head, you should not have a problem.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Pending the skeeters. If they are bad I will almost always have a head net on. If not I am bare as a baby's bottom.

The deer dont mind:)

Jim

fredw

Retired Moderator
Mesh net. Helps with the skeeters too.

Used face paint for several years....finally gave that up due to the mess.

Arrow Flinger

I have tried them all and what I do really depends on the setup I have. 99% of the time when I am bowhunting, I have plenty of cover on all sides and do not use anything on my face. When I pull out the rifle, I usually hunt very high and never have had a problem being picked off. So I guess to answer the question, most of the time I don't wear anything on my face if I am hunting in a stand. I do wear a face mask some when hunting on the ground.

TJay

When it is hot I use paint, I don't necessarily like it but I use it. When it cools off I use a mesh headnet.

H

HT2

Auto........

Head net for me.........

I use to use all them face paints but it got to be a pain in the butt cleanin' them off everytime I got out of the woods....

Nugefan

mesh facemask also...
I want to take the animal , not scare it to death... ::ke:

CPiper

Naked Faced for me as I am SO handsome the deer congregate around to look at me! :cool:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I also wear a mesh camo headnet. I feel naked w/o it when hunting and wear it even if I'm 50 or 60 ft up a tree and the same goes with camo gloves. I wear thin cotton camo gloves the entire season.

I tried the camo paint years ago and never could get use to it especially during bow season when it is still hot. That stuff was forever getting in my eyes from sweating... :hair:

H

HT2

Piper.........

CPiper said:
Naked Faced for me as I am SO handsome the deer congregate around to look at me! :cool:
Gettin' deep up thar ain't it brother????????

Them deer up in S.C. must can't see good!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

huntfish

Mesh face mask but not for the reasons stated previously. While in college I had a great duck lease (remember, I'm from Texas and we lease) and a 0930hr Chemistry class. Perfect for a early morning hunt before classes started. Well, one day I arrive to class (~100 students) late and folks just stared at me when I walked through the aisles. Prof (a hunter) laughs and ask if I had any luck hunting this morning. I laugh and say yes but ask how did you know I was hunting? You forgot to wash off your camo paint was the answer.

Greg Tench

Scent lok head cover with holes cut in the ear area for more enhanced hearin. ;)