Facebook hunting group

transfixer

I belong to an automotive technician forum which I have to pay a membership to belong to, its specifically about transmissions, and has been a tremendous help from time to time over the last 20 yrs, a couple of years ago someone started a Facebook group about transmission repair, and there are a few more now, of course they are free, and allow anyone in, as a result participation in the paid forum has dropped, to the point where its only used by a few diehards, ( out of over 1000 members)

Its amazing to me that people still want to use Facebook after all the security and privacy issues that have made the news, not to mention using FB continues to put money in that liberal idiots pocket that owns the site, which he will donate to the next liberal idiot running for president on the Democratic ticket !

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I won a big buck contest theseason before on a FB group. Well my team won.

swamp hunter

If you put a couple Picnic tables an a few decks of cards in the Bedding area it seems to mostly keep the Bucks close...Hope this helps.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Not sure about the said FB page above but the couple I'm in sure is more amusing that the GON forum has gotten

Then why are you here? :huh:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm in total agreement with where sghoghunter is coming from. FB hunting pages are way better that what this board has become. FB page members are members on this board, but do not post here anymore or rarely post.

The only ones posting here are the same ones day in and day out. Always have a bash or negative comment when someone posts something. Or just post real childish thread starters. All you have to do is look back at the opening post the starter posted and then look at what the "norms" posted in response. And y'all have "moderator" up under your name. Pffft. Place turned into a joke.
Sorry if us having a little fun bothers you if you can’t tell it’s in jest, well there lie the problem. I maybe a member of the same one your on and I see jest commits as well. Folks having a get away from everyday life.
I think your a little to serious for my liking as well.
This forum has a On Tooic forum and I assure you the mods do not tolerate gunning around.

We all get the OP invite and some may join. It might suit them well.
My Facebook bunch was fun. My phone got stole and I have not put it on this one. Just lazy that all.

I enjoy this place, glad the mods are fun and they will write a speeding ticket and if your speeding well it’s your fault. Not there’s.

GON is a well organized forum for the outdoors people. It covers a broad format for many different walks of life.

Thank you for your thoughts. No bashing just giving some of mine. If I misunderstood forgive me.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ll say this and im sure it’s a consensus thought.

You play some cards, checkers what ever with a group a little. New there.
Walk in and say hay down the road we gave the same deal only better or different or just about the same. Come join us. ! It’s not like you made friends with one here and PMed them over. F/B sells adds & so does GON. Anyway Hey big Guy let me hold a dolla !!?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The main reason is because I can and have as much right to be here as you.:cheers:

Sorry but members, with a couple of very exclusive exceptions, are here by permission not by right. You have permission, just like on your FacePlant groups. :cheers:

sghoghunter

I'm almost positive when I signed up on here over 10 yrs ago that I made an account and I did not have to get permission anyone especially you that wasn't even a member then.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Browning Slayer

transfixer

Come on guys ,,,, there is some pettiness on this forum, as well as some simply silly nonsense, but there is some good info shared as well. One good thing about this forum is you don't have to worry about some company or person hacking into your friends list or personal photo album without your permission, or your pictures showing up elsewhere on the internet because someone got them from your FB page, maybe that doesn't bother some of you, but I wouldn't want my personal info or photos to end up somewhere in Russia or Nigeria ,,,,,

A friend of mine recently discovered her deceased husbands photo was being used on someone's FB page as their own, he was a door gunner in Nam, this fake person was claiming the photo was his, and saying he served, and claiming all sorts of acts of bravery, cause he got into her page and stole her photos, Facebook is the equivalent of going down to Metropolitan avenue in Atlanta after dark, it can be treacherous territory.

Browning Slayer

I'm almost positive when I signed up on here over 10 yrs ago that I made an account and I did not have to get permission anyone especially you that wasn't even a member then.

Don't have a clue,why don't y'all inform us

Here you go.. I signed up the same year as you and my account just didn't "appear" out of thin air.. You registered just like everyone else..
In order to register for membership on this message board, we require you to confirm your e-mail address. We do so to eliminate as many advertising bots and other malicious internet based hacking attempts.

Upon your submission of your registration application, you will receive an e-mail from us requesting you to click on a link that will take you to our e-mail verification page. Until you do so, your registration will not be queued for final approval by us and will until that time be limited in functionality.

If you accidentally delete that e-mail prior to confirming your e-mail address, your registration attempt will not advance to the approval stage. You will need to post your problem here and we will address it.

Be advised, once you have confirmed your e-mail address, registration approval is not automatic nor is it immediate. We normally approve registrations at least once daily during the week so it may take as much as 72 hours from your e-mail confirmation until your registration application is approved by one of our site Administrators.

If you register for membership on a Friday or a weekend, it may be the following Monday before your registration is approved. All of this site's Administrators and Moderators are volunteers and the weekends are for hunting and fishing.

http://forum.gon.com/threads/member-registration-process.502696/

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m amazed where this topic has gone & we say it’s not Informational here.