Faith for atheists?

oldfella1962

I went to the doctor a while back and after days of very expensive testing he told me I have six months to live. I told him I couldn't afford to pay the bill, and he gave me another six months.

WaltL1

I went to the doctor a while back and after days of very expensive testing he told me I have six months to live. I told him I couldn't afford to pay the bill, and he gave me another six months.
You are showing your age with that joke :rofl:
Its a classic!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

#2 fits you.
You claim all these things about your god and would tell others who claim the same thing about their god that they are wrong.

Hypocrisy is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another..
If you don’t know the difference in “I don’t believe” and “criticism” - it’s a comprehension issue.

Unlike you, I don’t need “reasons” to simply say I don’t believe. I am secure in my surroundings and decisions and have no need to criticize anyone. My not believing others has nothing to do with their claims. I don’t put any other gods before my God. It doesn’t matter if they exist or not, I don’t believe in them. That’s a concept that most 3rd graders understand.

How do we know when an atheist loses an argument? He loses focus and starts accusing. Have a good day sir.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You rely on an either/or scenario when in reality there are a thousand possibilities that you have not accounted for.
There are thousands of women out there. I chose one. I don’t know how you struggle with “choices”

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
If you don’t know the difference in “I don’t believe” and “criticism” - it’s a comprehension issue.

Unlike you, I don’t need “reasons” to simply say I don’t believe. I am secure in my surroundings and decisions and have no need to criticize anyone. My not believing others has nothing to do with their claims. I don’t put any other gods before my God. It doesn’t matter if they exist or not, I don’t believe in them. That’s a concept that most 3rd graders understand.

How do we know when an atheist loses an argument? He loses focus and starts accusing. Have a good day sir.
Geeze, you accused me of not knowing the definition of hypocrite until I gave it to you straight from a published source.
Now you say I have a comprehension issue.

It doesn't matter if they exist or not, I don't believe in them
That's some deep 4th grader stuff.

I am not an atheist.
And WHO is doing the accusing....

it’s a comprehension issue.
That’s a concept that most 3rd graders understand.
How do we know when an atheist loses an argument? He loses focus and starts accusing.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There are thousands of women out there. I chose one. I don’t know how you struggle with “choices”
Happy, Content, Satisfied, even Settled do not negate any other possibilities. Those possibilities are still out there whether you believe those other women exist or not.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I was talking about possibilities after death.
You seem to have it narrowed down to dead and nothing or dead and marshmellow pillows.

A 3rd option of eternal torture because you worshipped the wrong god is just as likely.

So are 9997(conservative number) other possibilities.

Be happy with your choice but you cant rule out the others just because you don't believe in them. If you honestly felt that way you wouldn't tell non believers they have it wrong.

ambush80

And I was talking about possibilities after death.
You seem to have it narrowed down to dead and nothing or dead and marshmellow pillows.

A 3rd option of eternal torture because you worshipped the wrong god is just as likely.

So are 9997(conservative number) other possibilities.

Be happy with your choice but you cant rule out the others just because you don't believe in them. If you honestly felt that way you wouldn't tell non believers they have it wrong.

He's not saying you're wrong, just that he's right.;)

WaltL1

Man an awesome joke/jab popped into my head when I read that but I if I said it I don't think it would be taken as intended so I'll just giggle to myself :rofl:

oldfella1962

That joke goes back to Henny Youngman in the 50s (y)

don't get me started! My wife was complaining "take me somewhere I've never been before!" So I said okay....how about the kitchen? My relatives are so ugly, so ugly.....in the family photo album they only keep the negatives!

oldfella1962

thousands of women.....so, got any phone numbers? Asking for a friend

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
And I was talking about possibilities after death. You seem to have it narrowed down to dead and nothing or dead and marshmellow pillows

option of eternal torture because you worshipped the wrong god is just as likely.

He's not saying you're wrong, just that he's right:bounce:

A couple of you might want to consider letting your thought process complete before you start speaking and stop trying to analyze what others are saying. Notice the.........:bounce:..........???? It is not intended be taken as fact, literal, inconsiderate of others, or that all possibilities have been considered. It is only a sarcastic analogy from one person to another person. Had I included a 3rd party as ambush has done, I would then need to consider the 3rd party.

If you want to play on words, fine, define it any way you like - I only believe in one God. I don't believe, care or reject that any other exist. Telling you that you are wrong is only because you say that my God doesn't exist. I don`t care how much you try to prove that other gods do or don't exist. Believing in something is called faith. There is no rejection involved in not having faith in something. That's about as basic as I can make it.

Ya`ll spend some time reading the post below and rethink your comments. I am pretty sure that most realize that "we"......includes me.

Of course if we are both wrong.............I have marsh mellows just in case the burn pit turns out real::bounce:

Man an awesome joke/jab popped into my head when I read that but I if I said it I don't think it would be taken as intended so I'll just giggle to myself :rofl:
I can take a joke:bounce::bounce:

oldfella1962

Went to the Doc. He said I needed to lose weight. Told 'em I wanted to get a second opinion. He said o.k, your ugly too!!!

HA! Yes that's classic borscht belt humor right there.