Fall Whiting Fishing

vin-man

I am looking for some information on fishing for whiting off the beaches this Fall. Does anyone here fish for them? I have fished for them in Florida in September, but never here in Georgia. Can they be caught all winter long here? Not looking for your honey hole, but just a point in the right direction. My wife and I love eating them, and would like to give our coast a try.

billdawg

I’ve caught them heavy through mid November in GA. Right now though you’d probably have to deal with a bunch of rays mixed in

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
They will be out there and can be caught with shrimp and squid. I like shrimp the best. Little live ones if you can catch them in yer cast net. Fresh cut shrimp from the market works good too.
We don't target whiting as much as we used too but when we did we found we'd catch more, and more big ones in the spring. But can still catch plenty in the fall.

Oldstick

Can anyone tell me if there is a minimum size limit for whiting? I was just taking a quick look in the book and didn't see a mention right off the bat. Didn't read the whole thing closely, so I figure you guys probably would know.

I am talking about in the GA coastal areas.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
no whiting limits.
No gamefish status

BrileyDog

I am looking for some information on fishing for whiting off the beaches this Fall. Does anyone here fish for them? I have fished for them in Florida in September, but never here in Georgia. Can they be caught all winter long here? Not looking for your honey hole, but just a point in the right direction. My wife and I love eating them, and would like to give our coast a try.
I fish for them quite often all threw the year. They are one of my favorites to surf fish as far as targeting something good to eat!! What Island are you looking to fish for them on? I caught a good mess of them this past weekend on the beach at Tybee Island. They were biting real good all day, along with bluefish, sand trout, and a couple of flounder and rays.