Favorite inshore reel for trout and reds

Ol' 30-30

Baitcast or spinning, depends on where I'm fishing. If I'm in open water fishing on an oyster bed or structure (old pier, etc) then spinning but if I'm around docks or grass beds that require more precise casting then baitcast............and if my wife is fishing with me a Zebco 33 for her. Otherwise I spend all day working on bird nests.

Doyle

My favorite are the Okuma Epixor series. They are very smooth and tough without breaking the bank. Lots of inshore guides use them down here as "customer" reels. If they trust them for making their living then that's good enough for me.

FX Jenkins

I've worked my Stradic 4000 way beyond its advertised limits going on 5 years now...she just keeps on crankin em in...

tiddybream

A friend of mine got me to purchase an ambassadeur 5600 C 3. Cast a mile and has all the backbone one needs. I will be purchasing more this year. This reel also has a great drag system. Never had a fish out do it yet.

Doyle

Cast a mile and has all the backbone one needs. I

I've just never got the hang of casting with a baitcaster. I can do ok if it is weighted pretty good, but with an unweighted shrimp (or maybe with just a BB shot), I can't cast for crap. I guess I'm destined to be a spinner man.

tiddybream

I've just never got the hang of casting with a baitcaster. I can do ok if it is weighted pretty good, but with an unweighted shrimp (or maybe with just a BB shot), I can't cast for crap. I guess I'm destined to be a spinner man.

With 1/8 oz or less I can only throw 20 ft so for an unweighted shrip I to would have to choose a spinner.

CHITOWN

baitcaster if I'm throwing some kind of lure.....spinning real if I'm useing a poppin' cork with live bait......

savreds

So far my most trouble free spinning reel is a Cabelas Salt Striker, it has given me no problems and for the money it is smooth. They hav eimproved them since I bought mine. We have two Stradics and have had problems with the handles on both and the anti reverse lever on one.
As far as baitcasters, it's hard to beat those ABU's. Just my .02 worth.