Favorite Northeast Georgia WMAs to hunt deer?

cneedha1

What are your favorite northern Georgia WMAs for deer? How have you guys done on them this year?

j_seph

They are all covered with city folks and too many hunters. All deer go Nocturnal 2 weeks before the hunts on the N GA WMA's

PappyHoel

They are all covered with city folks and too many hunters. All deer go Nocturnal 2 weeks before the hunts on the N GA WMA's

While this poster is telling a partial truth, there’s a lot of land to hunt. Much of the easy land to get to is overhunted or very crowded during the quota hunts.

My favorite place is the old Blueridge WMA near the ranger camp in Dahlonega. It’s now part of the chattahooce NF

j_seph

While this poster is telling a partial truth, there’s a lot of land to hunt. Much of the easy land to get to is overhunted or very crowded during the quota hunts.

My favorite place is the old Blueridge WMA near the ranger camp in Dahlonega. It’s now part of the chattahooce NF
One of the biggest bucks I seen in mtns was in this area several years ago, we were hunting NF and WMA was closed. You can guess which side he crossed rd going to.

PappyHoel

One of the biggest bucks I seen in mtns was in this area several years ago, we were hunting NF and WMA was closed. You can guess which side he crossed rd going to.
Shhhhh...:) it’s a pretty area to hunt.

north_ga fireman

Coopers creek is very good have several go to spots in case someone happens to be in the spot. And then there is Cahutta if your brave enough

kevin17

Cohutta. If you find an old buck it will be worth the wait. Just stinks that the deer numbers are so low on majority of the northern WMA’s.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
There are some HUGE deer in the mountains for sure. It is hard hunting and you better eat your wheaties. There is a huge learning curve and it is a different world than a lot of the "lease" hunters are used too. I have a primo spot I hunt every year, sometimes I can go and see 10+ deer in one sit and others I can sit a week and not see a thing. Play the wind and this time of year hunt the terrain features, funnels, benches and pray a hot doe drags a big one by.

Latest posts