Favorite Spinning Rod?

xdguy226

What's your favorite spinning rods? I have a couple of BPS Bionic Blades that I really like. I am thinking about trying the BPS Carbonlite 2.0 or one of the Okuma Scott Martin TCS rods.

Coenen

If you're looking to pick one up for cheap, I've got a BPS Microlite 6'6" ML 2-piece that I've been really happy with. I've used it to throw spinners and rapalas for trout, wacky rigged senkos and drop-shotted for bass, and even thrown some unweighted Fluke-Jr's at the occasional striper.

That little joker just keeps doing the job. As value rods go, I think it would be hard to do better.

Browniez

What's your favorite spinning rods? I have a couple of BPS Bionic Blades that I really like. I am thinking about trying the BPS Carbonlite 2.0 or one of the Okuma Scott Martin TCS rods.

Those BPS series are nice.

I sprung for one of the “lower level” St. Croix Mojo Bass series in the 7’1” for jerkbaits and spinnerbaits. It has quickly become my favorite.

RamblinWreck

I am hard on rods, but I like the StCroix Mojo Bass, and the new Mojo Yak rods. Just picked up one today at Hammonds, a 7' ML Fast action to go with my casting rod I got last week. I love buying new gear; best money I ever spend.

BeerThirty

Agree with others on the BPS rods. Very good quality, they are all good. My go-to is an old BPS Xtreme spinning rod I bought about 10-yrs ago, paired up with a Pflueger president. 6'6", MH fast action, works great on everything lure I throw. Not even sure they are still making the Extreme line anymore though. The Bionic Blades are great too, but i find them to be better baitcasting rods. The CarbonLite, I have one of those too, rigged up with an Abu baitcaster. It is hands down one of the most sensitive and lightest rods you will ever put in your hands, so do not hesitate one second on buying it.

barongan

Ugly Sticks
o.png