Fawns

Mark K

Banned
Not sure what was going on with the deer today, but I went out to remake a set and add another set close to where I caught a coyote this morning and rode up on a Doe with twins.
I never drive fast due to quail and chicks so these deer just sorta moved up in the small pines and watched. Well the doe is keeping an eye on me and the fawns start following my truck. Well I take my foot off the gas and that normally gets everything running...except now the fawns are coming up to the truck and momma is stomping her foot and scolding them. They are paying her no attention whatsoever and just keep running beside the truck even though it’s just idle speed, lol. I finally stop and they stop. They finally hear momma and slowly walk their way back to her while glancing back at me while doing so.
Maybe they just wanted to say thanks for protecting them. All I know is neither of them better grow a nice rack in the next 5 years or so, lol.

Rabun

You didn't have corn in the bed of the truck did you:). sounds like the pied piper...cept you had deer following you. Very cool! Wish you got a pic

Mark K

Banned
You didn't have corn in the bed of the truck did you:). sounds like the pied piper...cept you had deer following you. Very cool! Wish you got a pic
I ALWAYS have my phone. Only problem was I left it on the dash and it got too hot and wouldn’t do anything until it cooled down. Trust me, I was cussing that iPhone for all its worth! Trapping/hunting truck doesn’t have A/C!