Feeling like Fall on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

This week I got out on Monday, Tuesday and today on Lanier and what a difference a couple days make. Early in the week I could tell it was getting better but it was still a little slow. As the front passed through on Tuesday it seemed like the fish became more active and stayed active through today. My strategy of hitting the offshore brush on points and humps has been producing good numbers this week with a tally of 60-70 fish over the 3 days I fished this week. The topwater has fired back up after a 2 week slow down and the size of the fish is picking up too. Walking bait and popping baits have been the ticket for pulling the fish to the surface and the drop shot with a robo worm and fruity worms have been the ticket when dropping. My 2 favorite colors are Morning Dawn and Lanier Baits Blue Lily. Water temps have cooled a little with most areas in the low to mid 80's. We also had a moon overhead this morning which imho get's them going. This cooler weather made fishing a bit more pleasant and this morning felt more like late Sept. We don't get too many of these July cool fronts coming through but right now the humidity is low and for the next few days it should be very pleasant. It's a great time to get out and enjoy the lake and summer fishing. Here's a few pics from some drop shot and topwater fish.
MAH00366 (2).jpgpop.jpgMAH00375(1).jpgMAH00384(2).jpg

Scout'nStripers

Some good ones! Way to go. Love the cooler weather! Won't last long.
Really not much for me to do out there for the next month or so, or at least a week or two before the BFL comes back in Sept. for the 2 dayer. I'm going to spend my days in the shop making baits and planer boards.

jocko755

Why don't you get your Parker Spoon out and power reel some stripers in your next video! That's always fun. I'd save the bait making for really nasty weather days.

Scout'nStripers

Why don't you get your Parker Spoon out and power reel some stripers in your next video! That's always fun. I'd save the bait making for really nasty weather days.
I'm burnt out on that Jocko plus I saw at least a half dozen dead stripers floating in Bald Ridge last week. The stripers are getting enough pressure without me piling on.

jocko755

Hadn't considered that. Haven't seen dead fish either, but I haven't been out recently. I usually snag and lose my spoons .