Feral Cat Hunting?

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
The domestic cat kills more different species of prey than any other species of cat on the planet. Over 100 different species of animal are on their hit list.

As long as none of you shoot my cat, I could care less. ;)

Tommy

huntfish

I touched this thread and wish I didn't. FTR, cat's are only good for one thing, keeping the spouse warm during the hunting season. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Self imposed :whip: if my wife finds out. :cry: :cry:

ramblinrack

Tom Borck said:
Why's that? A side dish to "Deep Fried Feline"? :banana:

BTW, I have FOUR cats!! And can't wait until every single one of them are pushing up pansies! :hair:

actually, i was thinkin more along the lines of bait!

;) :bounce: :shoot:

GeauxLSU

THunter said:
I LOVE CATS! I HATE DOGS--hunting dogs, best-friend type dogs, laying around the house dogs, Georgia Bulldogs, you name it, I hate it. I love pasting a couple if given the chance, however I'd never shoot a cat. That said, if it was to be legal to shoot feral cats, it most certainly shoud be to shoot dogs as well. Anything as easily manipulated as a dog is worthless in my opinion. Kinda like Democrats.

THunter
:rofl: :rofl: Now Tommy come on! I think you have your political affiliations mixed up. At least SOME dogs actually WORK for a living.
"And now, at this year's Pedigree Cat Show, the working cat group. (uncomfortable pause) Where are they? What's that Bartholomew? (pause) I'm sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, but it appears that once again, we have no entries." :rofl:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

bull0ne

Banned
Put more chinese resturants in rural areas, you have NEVER seen a stray dog or cat around them............well, not for long anyway!!!!

Ga-Spur

Back in the 50's the state of Georgia put out a book that encouraged hunters to terminate all cats seen in the outdoors.

My kids went on the back side of the farm the other day to call in a yote. One of the calls they were using was of a "distressed cat" . They called in a big yellow cat doing the same call . They let him walk off .

Toliver

They let him walk off

I see you're teaching your kids the "it'll be bigger next year" approach to hunting! :bounce:

letsgohuntin

A few years ago the Crocodile Hunter (Steve Irwin ?) showed an area in the Australian outback where feral cats have literally taken over. They were all over the place and all up in the trees. Of course he had to chase a few around with a net as they jumped from tree to tree!! :banana:

These cats were very wild, far removed from any domesticated lines. The whole story was about how an introduced predator has wiped out the local wildlife.

Toliver

letsgohuntin said:
A few years ago the Crocodile Hunter (Steve Irwin ?) showed an area in the Australian outback where feral cats have literally taken over. They were all over the place and all up in the trees. Of course he had to chase a few around with a net as they jumped from tree to tree!! :banana:

These cats were very wild, far removed from any domesticated lines. The whole story was about how an introduced predator has wiped out the local wildlife.

I saw that show. The "nice kitties" didn't exactly come up to him and rub against his legs!!

letsgohuntin

Toliver said:
I saw that show. The "nice kitties" didn't exactly come up to him and rub against his legs!!

Nope, he had his hands full that day!! I think it would be wiser to tangle with one of those crocodiles instead of a wild cat !

sr.corndog

feral cats

Feral cats or owners that arn't responsible? I have a farm just tonight feeding my cows a new stray in the loft. Now I have to be the heavy and do what unresponsible cat owners want do _____ you fill in the blanks! :flag:

Buzz

I am sure there are feral cat problems in places - and plenty of strays that nobody would miss if they are gone. However - this is a lot like bringing up the topic of shooting dogs. There are plenty of people that hunt places where they think they are shooting WILD dogs when in fact all they are doing is shooting some guys pet that lives half a mile from their deer stand.

Having followed this discussion on several other boards - it usually degrades into something like "yeah well if my neighbors cats come on my property - they are gone." The non-hunting public already thinks bad enough of us, yet we still seem to continue to give them more ammo against us.

Toliver

7X57, I've tried to cover that by saying it shouldn't actually be a hunting season. There are PLENTY of non hunters that would want to be able to kill a cat that's feral or tearing up property without having to fear going to jail on a felony cruelty charge. There's got to be some happy medium in dealing with these creatures. I didn't pay 10's of thousands of dollars for my vehicles to have a cat ruining the paint!

xpertgreg

Toliver said:
7X57, I've tried to cover that by saying it shouldn't actually be a hunting season. There are PLENTY of non hunters that would want to be able to kill a cat that's feral or tearing up property without having to fear going to jail on a felony cruelty charge. There's got to be some happy medium in dealing with these creatures. I didn't pay 10's of thousands of dollars for my vehicles to have a cat ruining the paint!

I haven't been coming here long, but I gotta say this.

I didn't pay thousands of dollar to have my neighbor's dog pee on my tires either, or dig up my crape murtles, or kill my fruit trees by using the bathroom on them either. I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I call the pound for dogs and if folks don't like cats why not do the same. I believe that's why we all pay taxes each year to have these guys ride around and enforce leash laws.

just my 2 pennies worth.

gw ::ke: