Fescue, Now a good time to plant?

FOLES55

Thinking about plowing and replanting the backyard with fescue. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated on it. The only thing I don't like is the leaves falling and covering up my growth. Chime in please.

K80Shooter

Myself I planted a few weeks ago and mine is doing fine. I'll fertilize mine about mid November or just before Thanksgiving. If planting in the fall you have to make sure to keep the leaves off of it.

As to whether or not you should plant now, I'll leave that one to someone with better knowledge about this.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
A little late for the mountain area, middle Ga is questionalble, south Ga you should be good to go.

FOLES55

Thanks, gents.

FOLES55

Im hoping it grows, plowed and planted this evening! Hope the rain will sew it in for me.

Last edited:

TJay

We built a house and moved in in July. We sodded with Zoysia around the pool but for the rest of the yard I just waited until about two weeks ago and got the ground ready and overseeded with fescue. It is germinating and looks to be coming in good. Weather looks to be somewhat mild and wet going forward so you should be ok. It seems we don't really get any bad cold weather til December anyway.

someguyintraffic

Fescue will germinate well as long as day timr temps are ranging between 60 and 75 fairly regularly. Im aerating and reseeding yards for customers now.

Put down a starter fertilizer with seed to beat leaves out of ground. The more you keep the leaves off the better it will do. If turning the ground over and starting fresh strawing over seed is advised.