Fidel Commie Sammich

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Made these Cubanos up last night.

I wanted tostones with them, but couldn't find any plantains green enough to fry, so I substituted fat fries. Very similar flavor, actually, after I hit them with salt, pepper, cayenne, and lime zest.

Smoked pork loin simmered in naranja agria (sour orange juice, ) garlic, cumin, tumeric, and suchlike seasonings. Dressed with butter on one side and spicy mustard on the other, pickles, ham and Swiss cheese, and ran through the sammich mashing machine. Good eats. My local grocery store was out of the locally-baked Cuban bread, but a baguette is close enough.

The dipping sauce for my fake plantains is a mango/habanero/onion/garlic/allspice/lime/cinnamon/etc. recipe that I got from Droptine06 years ago that he got from his Caribbean neighbor.

cuban.jpg

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
OMG !

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I wish i had never opened this dadgum thread.

I do dearly love a good Cuban sammich, and that looks like a blue ribbon winner.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love Cubanos, too. It's been too long since I made one. This one hit the spot.

naildrvr

Looks like good eats from down here.(y)

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ain't no Hillbilly what eats like that thar. Relocated out of Miami I am guessing.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks mighty good!!!!!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Durn! That's all I have to say! :bounce:

Dub

Sandwich Artist !!!!!!

The lime zest on fries ? Genius !!!

That Caribbean dipping sauce looks & sounds super, too. I'd love to try making a batch of that.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Ain't no Hillbilly what eats like that thar. Relocated out of Miami I am guessing.

That's white trash Cubano fare. Hillbillies eat it all the time. It's good food. Cubanos eat it too. :rockon: