Field and stream eagle talon 12

ShawnD

I am looking to get a yak for this coming year.what is y'all's opinion on the eagle talon 12 foot yak

Mickey Flatshoals

I’m using an eagle talon right now. It’s a decent starter yak. The biggest drawbacks:
- Bad seat - I replaced it with a stadium seat.
- no deck space and bad cup holder - I’ve spilled more beers than I’ve drank.
- heavy - it’s around 75lbs when not loaded which makes it hard to carry it long distances.

I’m not sure what deal you have lined up but the “kayak lady” can hook you up for $275. That’s a hard deal to turn down. I’ll probably get the F and S Shadow Caster from her in the next couple months. If you can afford one too it’s way more versatile. Being able to stand up in the yak makes a big difference.

Holla at me if you have more questions.

dank1296

Go to crescentkayaks.com look at their new fishing kayaks coming March 1st. American made kayak Georgia company. Molded by Bonafide over in Greenville SC. Talk to Neil at Crescent tell them Dank1296 sent you.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 27

IvyThicket

I am looking to get a yak for this coming year.what is y'all's opinion on the eagle talon 12 foot yak

Meh. I'd look elsewhere. Years ago I bought the ET as my starter yak. The seat is atrocious. Let me repeat, the SEAT IS ATROCIOUS! Right out of the gate, you'll have to upgrade the seat. The deck space feels crammed and it's really tippy plus the dry storage lid is just a solid piece of rubber and is a pain in the a** to get on and off especially on the water. The plastic is good but that's about it.

If I were you and that $600 price point is where you want to be, then Austin Kayak has your deal right now but you have to jump on it ASAP!

They have the Perception Pescador 12.0 for $579. That's nearly $100 off.

*PLUS* they have free kayak shipping (unheard of) and no taxes (at least for me in NC).

With the Pescador you'll get a solid back seat, plenty of storage, easy dry storage operation and much better footrests. All in all you get much more for your money and just an all around good yak. I would jump on this deal RIGHT NOW if that is your price point!

https://www.austinkayak.com/product...Link&cjevent=4cf727d32af411e9800400bf0a240610

Cmp1

BANNED
Meh. I'd look elsewhere. Years ago I bought the ET as my starter yak. The seat is atrocious. Let me repeat, the SEAT IS ATROCIOUS! Right out of the gate, you'll have to upgrade the seat. The deck space feels crammed and it's really tippy plus the dry storage lid is just a solid piece of rubber and is a pain in the a** to get on and off especially on the water. The plastic is good but that's about it.

If I were you and that $600 price point is where you want to be, then Austin Kayak has your deal right now but you have to jump on it ASAP!

They have the Perception Pescador 12.0 for $579. That's nearly $100 off.

*PLUS* they have free kayak shipping (unheard of) and no taxes (at least for me in NC).

With the Pescador you'll get a solid back seat, plenty of storage, easy dry storage operation and much better footrests. All in all you get much more for your money and just an all around good yak. I would jump on this deal RIGHT NOW if that is your price point!

https://www.austinkayak.com/product...Link&cjevent=4cf727d32af411e9800400bf0a240610
Was looking at this also,,,,

IvyThicket

First,,,,but I have limitations,,,,really like the atak120,,,,

I was wondering because the 2 you posted about in this thread are on 2 separate end of the price spectrum. Haha!

The ATAK is a GREAT kayak, as are the CoosaHD's, NuCanoes, Old Town, etc.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am going to be adding another to my arsenal and I think it'll be the Topwater 106. I already have a 12', I'd like to have something a tad shorter for smaller waters.

For $899 you get a full frame seat, EVA foam deck, open deck, dry storage, 3 flush rod holders, 440lb capacity, made in the USA and lifetime hull warranty! Can't beat it with the a stick! Even the 12' is only $999.

Go to crescentkayaks.com look at their new fishing kayaks coming March 1st. American made kayak Georgia company. Molded by Bonafide over in Greenville SC. Talk to Neil at Crescent tell them Dank1296 sent you.
I keep coming across this brand. Does anyone have experience with these Kayaks? I cannot find reviews online about the Splash 1 and the ultra lite (They both appear to weigh the same per the specs)

IvyThicket

I keep coming across this brand. Does anyone have experience with these Kayaks? I cannot find reviews online about the Splash 1 and the ultra lite (They both appear to weigh the same per the specs)

Crescent has been around quite awhile albeit not in the fishing yak industry. They were mainly known for recreational yaks and chances are you likely have come across them before.

They definitely appear to have rebranded themselves however. It says they are American made which is a plus and I know they have always generally been tough little boats. Their fishing models are definitely a minimalist approach which a lot of guys love! They'd rather do the modifications rather than have the manufacturer do it. Seems like a good deal, good price!

dank1296

I guess i should put it out there that my son Neil is James Derbecker the owners right hand man at Crescent. He has been working for the company about 6 years. I personally bought and used a Splash II for fishing for about 6 months when they came out with the Solo Skiff. Kayaks is up on sawhorses now. I love the Solo Skiff i hit Hollis Lathem lake bout once a week. The new Kayaks are very well built and the price i think starts at 699.00.

Cmp1

BANNED
I was wondering because the 2 you posted about in this thread are on 2 separate end of the price spectrum. Haha!

The ATAK is a GREAT kayak, as are the CoosaHD's, NuCanoes, Old Town, etc.

They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am going to be adding another to my arsenal and I think it'll be the Topwater 106. I already have a 12', I'd like to have something a tad shorter for smaller waters.

For $899 you get a full frame seat, EVA foam deck, open deck, dry storage, 3 flush rod holders, 440lb capacity, made in the USA and lifetime hull warranty! Can't beat it with the a stick! Even the 12' is only $999.
I'm really in the looking stage,,,,the Nu Canoe and ATAK are pretty reasonable priced,,,,this will be the only Yak I'll ever get,,,,

ucfireman

For me, 1st kayak. Would be small ponds and slow river or creek. By myself so no put in and float and take out down stream and dont want to carry or drag too far.