Fifth wheel slide out issue

Havana Dude

2005 keystone Montana. 3 slides. New switch. When I hit the button for the slides to go out, they work great. When it’s time to pack up and leave, I hit the switch, and nothing. No noise. Hold the switch, nothing. Move switch over and over, nothing. Repeat this process for several minutes literally, then magically, they start coming in, and work flawlessly. They are smooth operating, and I’ve maintained the mechanisms. What is the reason for this prolonged delay in operation? I’ve dealt with other slides, and I know, this is not normal. Any help please? and thank you.

Dbender

Havana, I've only worked on one but my problem was a loose connection behind the switch. There was a lot of extra wire behind the switch so it was easy to remove switch and use a bigger wire nut than factory (they might have used a crimp) on the connection and it solved my problem.

rayjay

Definitely sounds like a corroded connection somewhere.

Stang

Slide out

Could be your solenoid.....mine went out and had the same symptoms you describe. Mine has one like the pic but they can vary depending on year model and manufacturer.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 312

GoldDot40

Easily diagnosed with a test light. Pop the switch out and test for juice when activating the switch. If all is good there, move on to the relays and/solenoids.

Havana Dude

I messed with the solenoid a little bit. Don’t have a test light. It seems to me, one of the connections for the smaller wires is loose. Not the connection itself, but the tab that the wire connector slides onto seems loose to me. I have another solenoid ordered, 20 bucks. Cheap enough to try. Thanks guys. I will update later, good news or bad.😂

Havana Dude

Good news!!

Solenoid was the problem. Got it in a couple days ago, and just now had a chance to fool with it. Works like a champ now. Thanks for ALL suggestions, and especially the solenoid suggestion. Much appreciated.

Havana Dude

First trip since repaired, slides worked flawlessly. Nice when things work as they should. Thanks again for the help.