FINALLY! ?

krizia829

After much time waiting & trying to save some money, my husband surprised me on my birthday a little while back and got me the scope I wanted for my Ruger 44 Carbine! Check her out below! I just mounted the scope last night and I can't wait to sight it in and break the ice with it this season! I couldn't be any happier with the outcome! Hope to make my grandfather proud! He gave this to me last year just before my grandmother passed.
Ruger 44 Carbine (year 1973)
Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33
Weaver #47 Rear, #68 Front Base
Weaver 1" Medium Extension Rings
thumbnail_IMG_7493.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7494.jpg

specialk

fine weapon....ive killed many with mine which i retired many many years ago....you will enjoy it for sure!

frankwright

Those that shoot that gun are usually devoted to them.
I hope you kill a big one with it this season!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sweet rig all the way around! Congrats

HughW2

Congrats Krizia!
Sweet deep woods rig. Nice scope selection for the .44! Great condition on that older carbine. Hope you bust a big buck or boar with it this season.
Good luck!

Dub

Congrats !!!!

That rifle has some serious family roots.

I hope you get some quality time in the woods with it this year.

Dub

Great looking rig ! that stock has some good grain to it ! looks so much better than what they use today .

Much agreement.

It's really refreshing to see nice stocks on guns. I'm afraid it is something I took for granted for so long...using my synthetics for a long stretch of my hunting years.

Now...when you go shop around for it....it's not so easy to find.

Darkhorse

Many deer fell to ours the years it was in service. Now it resides in the gun safe, it wears a Aimpoint SC 1000 and I make sure it stays sighted in and ready.
Maybe 10 years ago I hunted with it and killed a big 7 point while still hunting some mature pines. It will still get it done.
Very nice little rifle and scope. You will enjoy it.

transfixer

Much agreement.

It's really refreshing to see nice stocks on guns. I'm afraid it is something I took for granted for so long...using my synthetics for a long stretch of my hunting years.

Now...when you go shop around for it....it's not so easy to find.

Back then it seemed they used a much higher quality wood on what were considered " normal " guns back then, didn't have to be a deluxe model or similar, the grain of the wood had more natural curls and color variance, now most of the regular wood stocks I see are straight grained, with no "life " to them.

I had one of those Ruger carbines back in the 80's, killed a deer or two with it, but around that time we had a lot of clearcut, and I got all into hunting it, and shooting 200-300yds, I either sold the Ruger or traded it off, don't remember which, about 10yrs ago I realized what a mistake I made, never knew they would go up in value like they have.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
All the above and then sum!
My 44 has been around a minute.
Well alot of minutes, deer, bullets, coyotes and no telling what dad took with it. Not for sale I said a hundred times! I had it worked on once and it ejects better than ever now.
Best $40 I ever spent. ?