Finally got a few sets out

Mark K

Banned
Work does have a bad habit of getting in the way of my fun time!!
Instead of taking off during deer season next year, I may just take part of February and March off! Get 5.5 weeks now, in another few years I’ll get 6.5 weeks. I could cover A LOT of ground with that kind of time.

Mark K

Banned
First catch on new property. Would rather have a K9 or Feline, but I’ll take it.
I have to be at work at 0700 so I get up at 0500 in order to have time to run my traps. I hate checking when it’s still dark, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
So with that being said, I always try and do an afternoon check for them critters that might be moving right before, at, or after daylight. Glad I do.
Yes that’s a brand new trap just degreased. And that was a dirt hole set and yes it had backing. Had to do some serious improvising to do another remake.

Attachments

• C7D6CAB8-967C-4802-9515-83B3742806A6.jpeg
    C7D6CAB8-967C-4802-9515-83B3742806A6.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 26

deermaster13

Nice! Talked to my dad at lunch and all he got was a coon this morning as well. He can't get the cell phone picture thing down. So enjoy seeing what y'all catch during the week.

mossyoakpro

Today's check...I told you Mark, I want that possum king title!! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_081736.jpg
    IMG_20190212_081736.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20190212_091935.jpg
    IMG_20190212_091935.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 44

Mark K

Banned
Starting to pick up even if just a little. Check this morning had a coon that walked right past 2 DP’s with corn and shellfish oil, to jump in my dirt hole set!

Then when I get around to the remake from the coon yesterday evening, I had this ticked off bobkitty waiting for me.
I had taken a couple pine limbs and made a V shape then stacked smaller limbs on them to just about cover the hole (only thing left when the coon got done with the set yesterday) and then piled some grass on top of that. I had just a little small hole in the grass making it look like something was coming and going out of it. Smeared some bait on sheepswool and threw down the hole. Shot a little coyote pee on each end on the logs and it apparently worked, lol. C6F9AE53-B5D1-4B4A-939B-36AA4F7B8716.jpegCAF813B1-DC94-45D7-A6A3-8E3C127592A4.png

mossyoakpro

Awesome cat! I really want one for my land owner on this tract...he wants one for taxidermy to go with one of the greys from Sunday.

mossyoakpro

The tract I'm on now doesn't seem to have a large population of yotes...I'm heading to another tract next week that is loaded according to the land owner. He used to trap years ago so he probably knows what he's talking about.

oldguy

Today's check...I told you Mark, I want that possum king title!! LOL
Dang, I ain't never caught a hog before!
What kind of trap's he wearing?
Caught a research deer at UGA in a #4 double long spring set in the water for beaver! Thank goodness it didn't go down the slide wire!

deermaster13

Great catches especially the cat. Rain been rough but dad had this boar coon I had to skin for him. Rascal weighed 17 pounds. They been under a feeder on one tract we are setting. I just hope I get to run another line myself next week. It's rough running that early but I can't help but love it. Again great catches guys. I've enjoyed this thread and hope y'all don't mind me participating.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_202802.jpg
    IMG_20190212_202802.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 12

mossyoakpro

Dang, I ain't never caught a hog before!
What kind of trap's he wearing?
Caught a research deer at UGA in a #4 double long spring set in the water for beaver! Thank goodness it didn't go down the slide wire!

That's a 2 coiled K9 Extreme Junior with double laminations...they seem to be pretty good traps. I caught a swine last year in an MB 550 and it held good too. Those K9 traps are built like tanks.

Mark K

Banned
Great catches especially the cat. Rain been rough but dad had this boar coon I had to skin for him. Rascal weighed 17 pounds. They been under a feeder on one tract we are setting. I just hope I get to run another line myself next week. It's rough running that early but I can't help but love it. Again great catches guys. I've enjoyed this thread and hope y'all don't mind me participating.

That’s a big ole joker! All my coon catches have been boars. Just a few that size though. When the coons weigh more than the cats you’ve got a grown one!

mossyoakpro

A red is always a pleasant surprise! Also 3 more possums...that's 7 in 4 days Mark!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190213_073556.jpg
    IMG_20190213_073556.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190213_074618.jpg
    IMG_20190213_074618.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190213_074956.jpg
    IMG_20190213_074956.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 28

deermaster13

Nice red bud! Y'all tickle me with the possums. In early.80s we kept everyone of them. Yep and I was designated Skinner at shopping 25cents apiece. Now a days he gets boot on his neck and quick release. Grandson does get a kick out of chasing them with a stick though.

mossyoakpro

Nice red bud! Y'all tickle me with the possums. In early.80s we kept everyone of them. Yep and I was designated Skinner at shopping 25cents apiece. Now a days he gets boot on his neck and quick release. Grandson does get a kick out of chasing them with a stick though.

He was a pleasant surprise for sure! We don't have a lot of them around here so I released him to procreate. Possums are really bad so I am trying to thin them...
7 in 4 days is a bit extreme. LOL

Mark K

Banned
Glad someone is on there game. I didn’t even see a track after all that rain. Good news no tripped traps from deer either, which was sorta weird cause I didn’t hardly see any deer tracks either.
Now what’s funny is I set a cell cam up on a intersection where I have a couple traps. Can only see location of one trap and down the road. This was where I had seen a couple coyote tracks last Saturday.
Guess I shouldn’t have squirted a little coyote urine near the trap. I have had about 10 pics of upwards to 6 does all over/around the trap sniffing. From the after the rain last night until this evening there was 1 (one) set of deer tracks, lol!! Hoping this weather change might have a few moving this evening. Need a confidence booster!