Finding any Female squirrels bred?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Warm winter and I've noticed 1 or 2 females that seem to be pregnant in the last week. That's about the time I quit shooting them is when they start toting the little marbles. Anyone else noticed any bred females?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve always questioned squirrel season dates , in August some still have little ones in nest , and by February most are pregnant , I killed a couple females last weekend and didn’t notice

4x4

My redtail caught a pregnant female this past weekend. I usually dont do "catch and release", but I didnt want to catch next seasons squirrels this season.

I released it.

Mark K

Banned
Just a question...do y’all really believe you can wipe out the squirrel population? If so tell me how. Killed 7 off my feeder...pulled card and now have 5 more plus and extra Fox Squirrel aside from the other 3 fox squirrels. Trying to kill every one of them and the more I kill the more show up!!

Hillbilly stalker

You cannot totally kill them off. I don’t kill them this time of year because their nursing mothers. Squirrels will travel up to 2 miles for feeding. You have a feeder hence squirrels. Usually the hawks and owls will start sitting near the feeders and picking them off. They don’t discriminate.

Mark K

Banned
We have our fair share of those as well. Get pics of an owl perched on a limb at night though. Guess he’s waiting on the flying squirrels and rats. I need him standing watch during the daylight hours. Deer can’t feed during the day due to the squirrels running them off...and I have that proven in pics off the card.

Squirrels have babies year round. They never stop multiplying. Rats with a bushy tail.

If you killed the female squirrel before it got pregnant, those offspring would not have existed anyways.

I've found baby squirrels towards the end of November.

Jeff Raines

Squirrels have babies year round. They never stop multiplying. Rats with a bushy tail.

If you killed the female squirrel before it got pregnant, those offspring would not have existed anyways.

I've found baby squirrels towards the end of November.
Yep,I've seen'em breeding all thru deer season

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Finding any Female squirrels bred?

Nope. I have found some female squirrels nuts but never have found any of their bread.