First bear on the board

Thread starter #1
Sitting in a blind this morning with the first rains from hurricane Irma falling around me, this young boar came in to chomp on some chestnuts. I've got a camera overlooking a Chinese chestnut tree with numerous deer coming to it, but I had zero pictures of this fella until today.

Mathews Halon 32 zipped a Slick Trick tipped Easton Axis through him like butter.

Nugefan

how fer you have to drag em ????

PappyHoel

Good job nice stinky bear there :). I had one close Saturday morning never saw him but I could smell him he was close.

Buckman18

Awesome! Congratulations!

Congrads

Thats a fine bear right there. Are you going to do one of those great wall mounts?

Good eating right there Dub! What was the wind like where you were hunting this a.m.? Also, what are the GPS coordinates?..........asking for a friend.
Nice work man!!
How you gonna cut 'em and cook 'em?

Thread starter #13
Good eating right there Dub! What was the wind like where you were hunting this a.m.? Also, what are the GPS coordinates?..........asking for a friend.
Nice work man!!
How you gonna cut 'em and cook 'em?
Kyle, I seriously don't believe we've had a single wind gust over 5mph today. It was dead calm with a steady drizzle of rain.

Gonna have backstrap steaks and chunk the rest for canning. And will render what I can into grease.

Last edited:
How do you like that grease? Been thinking about making some but haven't tried it. Oh if you have a egg or a smoker, throw one of those front shoulders on and see what ya think. You will thank me later!

Thread starter #16
How do you like that grease? Been thinking about making some but haven't tried it. Oh if you have a egg or a smoker, throw one of those front shoulders on and see what ya think. You will thank me later!
I tell anyone that will listen, bear grease is superior to any cooking oil I've ever used. The first thing my wife asked when I told her I had shot a bear was she getting some more grease.