First bow buck

WalkerStalker

It has taken me 5 years to finally make this happen. :) Got busted walking in before light and not long after I got in the stand a small yearling buck walked up and milled around. He wandered off a little and another buck approached it and worked their way back toward me. I almost passed but I have passed on several deer trying to hold out for a bigger buck. But that little devil on my shoulder kept saying "first bow buck..do it" so I did. The shot was about 17 yards broadside. A little high and back (nerves I guess) but enough to do the trick. After the shot I watched him run, then stop for a while expecting him to crash then he just slowly walked off out of sight. I gave it about 30-40 before I climbed down to look at the arrow. Blood looked good, found that arrow about 10 feet and my heart sank...both blades were missing from the Killzone broadhead. First time I had ever shot that tip and the blades were gone! Then it got worse. Within 20 yards the blood went from gushing to a drip here and there to nothing. I backed off to give it some more time. Resumed the track and no blood. I was on my hands and knees looking and nothing. I went to where I lost sight of him and just started searching through some thick cover. Stopped to take a break worried I'd lost him and looked down a steep ridge and there he was piled up. It was a killer drag uphill but I'm just thrilled I was able to recover him. First bow buck and one I'll never forget.

Attachments

• 6 pt bow buck.JPG
    6 pt bow buck.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 206
  • arrow.JPG
    arrow.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 196

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Very nice! Congrats on the first of hopefully many

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Way to go!

stringmusic

Congrats! That first one is always sweet

WalkerStalker

Thanks all. Yeah I’ll be looking at switching broadheads. I’ve sent a message to NAP customer service so I’m interested to see what they have to say. I’d like them to stand behind their product.

DSGB

Congrats on your first!