FIrst deer with the recurve

Husky Bottoms

Well it has been harder than I ever imagined but I finally put one down with the curve, 5 years of hunting and I have broken the ice. buddy shot the buck @ 15 yards, I shot the doe @ 20 on the last evening of my hunt trip in IN.

Saw a bunch of bucks while I was there, hit branches on a real wide 8, twice, then 2 min's after he ran off the biggest buck I've ever seen came in, about a 140" 10 pointer, made it throught the first set of limbs and then killed a tree:(

Moral of the story no matter how excited you are to get in the woods that first morning, don't until you've cut shooting lanes:mad:

Still a great trip and she tasted like veal:cool:

Attachments

• First_Bowkill_front_1.jpg
    First_Bowkill_front_1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0872_3.JPG
    IMG_0872_3.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_0875_4.JPG
    IMG_0875_4.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 512

matthewsman

way to slay them.......

Good pics,i especially like the "Wensel"tote'm out pic....How do y'all do that without getting blood all over you though?

Congrats to both of you,and don't let him keep hunting with you if he keeps getting the big ones::ke:

Xzuatl

Congrats on you 1st recurve kill. The big boys are next. :cheers:

Just BB

Congratualtions, Still trying for my first recurve kill. Way to go. And I'm with matthewsman, How do keep from getting covered tote'n like that

YankeeRedneck

Wat to go Guys !!! Bowhunting isn't easy and ya done great with the stick and string !!!

reviveourhomes

Congrats!!! What kinda bow you got there?

Jasper

That's beautiful. Great pics, too. Way to go!

FX Jenkins

Nice ...thanks for sharin

Al33

Congrat's to both of you and hate you missed the big boy. Great pic's but we could use a few more details with the stories.;)

Good looking arra's you got there. Love the white fletchings. Are they wood?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congrats on the traditional kills!! I really like the wood in that bow. Looks good!

Thunderbeard

I am sure you guys had a great time, Congrats to both of you.

Husky Bottoms

Congrat's to both of you and hate you missed the big boy. Great pic's but we could use a few more details with the stories.;)

Good looking arra's you got there. Love the white fletchings. Are they wood?

Nope, Beman Carbons. Zach shot his buck right at dark and we gave him about 30 mins. went back with flashlights and had blood that was getting better until about 40 yards from the stand had a dinner plate sized poole next to a corn field and couldn't catch back on the trail. Over the next 4.5 hours we walked every row of corn in an approx. 30 acre field. checked thickets, tall grass a swamp that was close, but decided to come back in the morning.
Even with the light still couldn't find the trail from the blood pool, I just decided to follow the past of least resistance and cut across the corn field and through a fence row and about 60 yards out in the middle of a cut bean field there he was. He ran about 200 yds. total. We opened him up and he hit liver and sliced a lung, figured shot was a little high.

My doe was about 25 yards out I picked a spot and released, saw the arrow perfectly in line and I thought I hit her but she jumped off looking un harmed. I sat down and thought that after an awesome week I was leaving empty handed, then I heard some crashing and a deer came out about 20 yards picked a spot and released one right through the pump station. When I got down I noticed that she had a small slit under her chest and it was the same doe I shot at the first time about 4 inches higher and I would have heard her the first time!

I have never heard tell of a deer that came back to where they were shot but I'll take it:cheers:

Hawkeye

Well it has been harder than I ever imagined but I finally put one down with the curve, 5 years of hunting and I have broken the ice. buddy shot the buck @ 15 yards, I shot the doe @ 20 on the last evening of my hunt trip in IN.

Saw a bunch of bucks while I was there, hit branches on a real wide 8, twice, then 2 min's after he ran off the biggest buck I've ever seen came in, about a 140" 10 pointer, made it throught the first set of limbs and then killed a tree:(

Moral of the story no matter how excited you are to get in the woods that first morning, don't until you've cut shooting lanes:mad:

Still a great trip and she tasted like veal:cool:

That's a good ole strong back there ,boy ! you can come hunt with me anytime :D :D

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
way to go on the trad deer!!! thanks for sharing.