First kill with ramcats!!

GADawg08

Started using ramcats last yr but never got a chance to see what they would do....this past Saturday morning I got a chance and they are nasty!! When I was pulling up my bow it got caught on a bush and yanked two arrows out my quiver so all I had was a ramcat and a muzzy, my two rages got pulled out..i guess everything happens for a reason. 20 yd shot and was a pretty steep angle, as i was in my climber and didn't realize I was that high up. Shot was a touch low but got the bottom of her heart. She ran maybe 75 yds. You can see in the pic where it took out some bone on the opposite leg. One blade was bent on the broadhead

Attachments

• 20180929_075235.jpg
    20180929_075235.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 309

Arrow3

Excellent broadheads. I've killed several deer and a pig with them.

hikingthehills

I got this one with a Ramcat October 12. First deer I have shot with one. Did a great job. 40 yard track and he was down!
43773359_10213173968206562_5595403816074739712_n.jpg

Gabooner

First year with cross bow due to shoulder surgery, so haven't shot Ram Cats with a crossbow yet. When I used them in my bow they shot just like my field points, which is what I loved about them. Has anyone used them in a crossbow? If so do they fly like your field points?

hikingthehills

First year with cross bow due to shoulder surgery, so haven't shot Ram Cats with a crossbow yet. When I used them in my bow they shot just like my field points, which is what I loved about them. Has anyone used them in a crossbow? If so do they fly like your field points?
The deer in the post above yours I shot with a crossbow.

Killdee

Good to know, I'm a bit handicapped this year and will use a crossbow I bought for a sick buddy who just passed. I have ramjets for my bow so I'll be happy if I can use them.

Ole3Toe

Got my first kill with them the other night. Went slam through at 30 yards and stuck in ground 6 inches! Do y’all just replace the blades and clean the ferrule best you can? My blades did not even look damaged and still felt sharp. Just curious as what others do?

RLykens

Awesome I just got mine in last week. Decided I wanted to get away from mechanicals. (still really like schwakers) they fly just like my field points and are just crazy sharp. Congrats to y'all that already got to put em to use!

mcduck

I've shot 4 so far with the Ramcats and will not go back to anything else. I have replaced the blades and stoned the head of them to get out any burrs from impacts.

Ihunt

I use them and Exodus. Both are great heads. Have two kills with each Head this year.

The Ramcats fly well and leave a large hole

Kris87

I probably have 30 kills with Ramcats now, and just made another victim Sunday afternoon. 18 yd shot, double lung, probably got the carotid too as I've never seen one spray out of both sides like this doe did. She only went 40yds and I saw her go down, so just sat and enjoyed the rest of my hunt.

Had this been a morning hunt, I would have videoed the blood trail/spray. It was the best I've ever seen.