First pig in a while........

sawtooth

Hey People, I haven't been on here in a while. Good to be back- and with good news. Lee County is minus one pig.
I've been busy doing other things, but I still manage to get a hunt in once in a while. This last Saturday I was creeping around right at dark and I bumped into a sounder of pigs that was having fun in a mudhole. There were some big ones in there, too- really big. Anyway experience has taught me to thump the first one that gives me a good shot- and that happened to be a little muddy boar that walked down the fence in my direction. He walked to within 12 yards as I just stood motionless beside an old water oak. As the pig turned broadside, he looked at me and decided I wasn't too much to be concerned with and put his head down to root. I drew my bow really quick and fed him some cedar. I saw my shot and was pretty happy with it- so much so that I called my wife and let her know that I was gonna be a little tardy getting home. That little joker didn't make it very far, I heard him give out- but he went into some of the thickest, meanest, muddiest, thick junk that he could. It took me a good 45 minutes to get to him just forty yards away. I finally got a half-decent picture and got him out of there- all muddy and half skint up. Very thankful for the time I get to spend in the woods---

I used my old martin X-200 45#
Wapiti tapered cedar arrow
And a zwickey eskimo broadhead,
Zipped right on through him.

Attachments

• 42718 boar.jpg
    42718 boar.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 364

Hillbilly stalker

Smoked him ! Good shot , shows it don't take a 70 lb compound to bring home the bacon. Great hunt and pictures !

deast1988

Congrats, great shot!

Barry Duggan

Nice pig U got there Dendy.

charlie 2 arrow

Congratulations Dendy! Good to see you back on here, always enjoy your posts

chenryiv

Good shooting Dendy!! Congrats