First Tom ever! Public land, middle GA.

chrislibby88

You’re like me then, I’m after those tone deaf birds, lol! Great hunt and bird!
I’m definantly a better caller this year. Finally started figuring it out late last season, but it was a little too late. I just killed a hen’d up Tom this morning by calling his hens to me. I’m gonna make a post about it later!

There’s a great episode on the Down South Hunting Podcast with Shane Simpson. I think it’s called turkey calling 101. Learned almost everything I know about running a mouth call on there, and hearing real hens in the woods.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to get it done Chris!! Still after my first bird and been chasing them for about 5 years or so......had another epic fail a week ago, but I keep getting closer. Really excited for you cause I know you’re riding high on the success!

chrislibby88

Way to get it done Chris!! Still after my first bird and been chasing them for about 5 years or so......had another epic fail a week ago, but I keep getting closer. Really excited for you cause I know you’re riding high on the success!
It’s tough man, very tough hunting. I know how you feel! Last year was nothing but epic failures for me, but I learned a ton from bad set ups, hung birds, and spooking birds. I feel like I’m finally getting grasp on it this season, for this particular property at least.