First weekend in November eats.....whatcha got cooking ?????

Dub

What's everyone cooking this weekend ???????

Rained like crazy here yesterday.

Was whupped from the workweek.

Did up a batch of hushpuppies and some heavily peppered clam chowder for dinner.

Some sausage & cheesy eggs for breakfast today.

Gonna be some football fun today. Weather is super for grilling, too.

My Pirates are up first. We took our normal center field logo and spiced it up for this game:

Looking forward to firing up a grill later on.

Chicken....limas....little cabbages and such.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lookin' good! Had some leftover elk steak for breakfast, gonna grill some tuna steaks tonight.

Dub

Lookin' good! Had some leftover elk steak for breakfast, gonna grill some tuna steaks tonight.

Wow.....wow. Elk steak for breakfast had to be excellent.

Tuna steaks are sounding great already. I love 'em with wasabi. I'm sure you are gonna create a masterpiece with them. Looking forward to seeing them come together.

Dub

Memphis blew us outa the water....sunk our ship last year.

At least we are giving them a run for their money today. It's delaying me firing up the grill. :rofl:

Workin again.... Going to buy uncle Sam the best Christmas gift he eva got!

Understood.

Hang in there. Got a grueling week coming up next week, here.

MOTS

Looks great, no telling what you gonna post tonight!

Reactions: Dub

naildrvr

Don't know what suppa time is gonna be like here. Didn't eat lunch till about 2and then went and picked up the new washer and dryer. Got to get the old ones out and the new ones in, but first me and Jake are about to head back behind the house for an evening sit in the box stand:biggestshoot:

Dub

Don't know what suppa time is gonna be like here. Didn't eat lunch till about 2and then went and picked up the new washer and dryer. Got to get the old ones out and the new ones in, but first me and Jake are about to head back behind the house for an evening sit in the box stand:biggestshoot:

Hoping you kill one !!!!!!!

GA1dad

My school teacher wife is off for fall break this week. For the last six years, we have gone camping at the beach for her break. I didn't bring a grill or a smoker this go around. This time I committed to using a dutch oven. Tonight's dinner is also chicken,, with potatoes and onion. I had planned on adding carrots,, but they're sitting back home in the fridge.

20181103_134055.jpg20181103_141441.jpg20181103_154322.jpg

Dub

My school teacher wife is off for fall break this week. For the last six years, we have gone camping at the beach for her break. I didn't bring a grill or a smoker this go around. This time I committed to using a dutch oven. Tonight's dinner is also chicken,, with potatoes and onion. I had planned on adding carrots,, but they're sitting back home in the fridge.

View attachment 947989View attachment 947990View attachment 947991

Outstanding !!!!!!!

You may be cooking fer yer teacher.....but you are schooling the rest of us here !!!!

Great looking bird !!!

Dub

I'm mighty pleased with the 21-3 current score of the DAWGS-WILDCATS game.

My yardbirds have been resting over the coals bone side down for long enough.....just checked 'em and did a flip.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The grill at deer camp. A little bit of everything. View attachment 947982
Gonna be some happy bellies in camp tonight! Looks great!

View attachment 947989View attachment 947990View attachment 947991
That looks off-the-chain good! I love me some Dutch oven chicken!

I'm mighty pleased with the 21-3 current score of the DAWGS-WILDCATS game.

My yardbirds have been resting over the coals bone side down for long enough.....just checked 'em and did a flip.

Those are looking delicious! Hard to beat halfa chickens on the grill. :cheers:

GA1dad

This is the one I've been waiting for,,,, a serious camping dessert!! Dutch oven bread pudding with maple cream. I can assure you it was every bit as good as it looks!!! Now we sit with our feet next to the fire,,, bellies full,,, listening to the waves pound against the shore,,,,, Good Times!!!

20181103_181541.jpg20181103_181556.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This is the one I've been waiting for,,,, a serious camping dessert!! Dutch oven bread pudding with maple cream. I can assure you it was every bit as good as it looks!!! Now we sit with our feet next to the fire,,, bellies full,,, listening to the waves pound against the shore,,,,, Good Times!!!

View attachment 947999View attachment 948000
Man, yeah!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mediterranean salsa-maters, Kalamata olives, capers, fresh parsley, red onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, basil, mint, and extra-virgin olive oil:

Med-salsa.jpg