Fish Fry /Campout at Brush Creek Park..Sept.21st 706-594-4921See post 163 for new info

crackerdave

Do we have a time everyone can shoot for?? I know it’s a come and go as please, just trying to figure out a plan
We will try to eat around 4.I know that's early,but I'd like to make sure Ol' Captain and crew and anyone else who's from afar can make it home by dark.
Come as early as you want and we'll hang out in the shade of the pavilion.

Come hungry! (Not hangry)?

Last edited:

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Website said 15 per night,,,,
The ranger said 25 on the phone.Maybe they have some primitive sites with no power or water.
I'm going out there this afternoon and reserve the pavilion and the site next to it.
Ranger said they prefer cash.

From what I understand after talking to the ranger (Fred), an RV site with water and hookup is 25.00 per night, the tent sites are 15.00 per night.

crackerdave

I'm gonna try to get there,,,,

Campers,don't forget: Lindsey's Grandpa can hook you up to a trailer rental for the ones who want to camp but don't have equipment.
Also: this park is surrounded by West Point WMA ,so bring your archery equipment.If the bow season is open for deer that weekend,you might get lucky! There is also a shooting range near the main entrance to the WMA.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Still planning on joining y’all , and want to bring something , maybe a cooler of drinks or fries or some other side or dessert , what u think crackerdave

Dialer

Shucks...I was looking forward to seeing you again.
I was born in Jax.I wouldn't live there again for love nor money.
Change of plans....The long awaited “wrongful death trial” for my mother has been given a 23 Sep Court date. It will be a full jury trial, and will take quite a toll on my patience, I’m sure. If we win, we will be awarded some amount, but if we lose, we will have to pay court costs...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Listening, watching, and hoping.
I have a fifth kidney surgery (since May) on the 12th and the stents they leave in afterward have been getting more painful and more painful. They come out about 2 weeks later.
I'd love to bring my new little jet john to put it in the river and make a two day-er out of it... Maybe rough it, sleeping in the truck or a tent.
Can't commit at this point, but as always looking forward!

crackerdave

Listening, watching, and hoping.
I have a fifth kidney surgery (since May) on the 12th and the stents they leave in afterward have been getting more painful and more painful. They come out about 2 weeks later.
I'd love to bring my new little jet john to put it in the river and make a two day-er out of it... Maybe rough it, sleeping in the truck or a tent.
Can't commit at this point, but as always looking forward!
Hope to see you there!