Fishin'

Booger2

This is a photo of my brother, father and me taken probably somewhere around 1947. Strange that I can remember that day but I do. As I recall, I fell in the lake, or was I pushed? The picture was taken on my grandfather's farm which on this map is just to the left of N in NEW at the confluence of Tom Creek and Shoal Creek. The fish were all carp which were turned into patties and fried. My father carried a tobacco can which served as his bait can that held freshly dug worms or sometimes grasshoppers. Although I've included a tin of split-shots, around that time my father used pieces of tubes which may have been toothpaste tubes and were made of some kind of soft metal, possibly zinc or lead. The topo map is dated 1924 and shows some towns that are long gone. These were good times.

Attachments

• untitled (1 of 1)-51-1.jpg
    untitled (1 of 1)-51-1.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is awesome! :clap:

Brings back a lot of memories. When I was a kid we did a lot of carp fishing in the river below the house.

Those Prince Albert cans were the go-to worm toting technology around here when I was growing up, too. I still have one on my bookshelf. They were especially good if you were wading a creek trout fishing, because they fit perfectly into your back pocket or shirt pocket.

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice collage - great memories!
I found an old split shot box in my basement a few weeks ago.