Fishing at the end of October?

Dialer

Contemplating taking my kayak out tomorrow to either Sweetwater creek State Park or Dog River reservoir to try to catch something, either bass, crappie, or bream. Am I wasting my time? Thanks!

Dialer

I try to fish a lot in my kayak using artificial baits (rubber worms, lizards, top water, buzzbaits, rattletrap) in all the great looking places, but never even get a nibble....just a little frustrating is all, still enjoy it.

jocko755

Cold fronts passing thru and high pressure has the fish in a funk. Water temps are dropping and turnover has begun. It's a tough time to catch fish. I'd slow down with a jig. Hold off on topwater and moving baits until weather is more stable.

Never a bad day fishing !

Offroad

Caught 3 at Salacoa yesterday which was the last day they are open this year. One on a black/yellow squarebill and other 2 on Texas rig green pumpkin red U tail worm. Water temp was 64 degrees.

Greatflake

I personally don’t get serious till temps start dropping and the fall/winter crappie bite starts getting hot! Can’t tell you the times I’ve broken ice with my boat.

Tmpr111

Once the cold settles in, things will acclimate and it’s one of the best times to catch big bass. I definitely fish slower till Feb.

Cmp1

BANNED
My dream would be able to fish year round down with you guys,,,,would miss the Pike up here though,,,,