Fishing Fernadina Beach/ Amelia Island

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
We're going to be there in a couple weeks. i already have a boat chartered for a day. I'm looking for advise and or recommendations for shore , inlet and pier fishing for a couple days while we're there. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated

ugajay

I've fished there off the shore a few times. I'm by no means an expert. I used shrimp, threw out just as far as I could with a 2 ounce pyramid weight. Caught sharks, catfish, bluefish, whiting, and croakers. Nothing big but I enjoy it cause you just never know what you're going to catch

Darkhorse

On the extreme North end of Amelia Island is Ft. Clinch state park. There are some short rock jetties and a long jetty also. I've caught flounder, redfish and trout in that whole area from the beach. Mud minnows for flounder, shrimp for the other stuff.
The South end has another state park, this one has an old bridge, some grass and other interesting features. I've intended on fishing there but never found the time, yet.

mark-7mag

On the extreme North end of Amelia Island is Ft. Clinch state park. There are some short rock jetties and a long jetty also. I've caught flounder, redfish and trout in that whole area from the beach. Mud minnows for flounder, shrimp for the other stuff.
The South end has another state park, this one has an old bridge, some grass and other interesting features. I've intended on fishing there but never found the time, yet.
I looked at both online. Both look good

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
There's a spring run of pompano. Local shops will have the pulse on when and where. Don't overlook Little Talbot Island State Park for surffishing. Gil

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I looked at both online. Both look good
Go south on A1A to fort George inlet. This was my favorite place to fish when I lived in Jacksonville. You can wade fish the east side of the bridge at low tide. We used to catch good numbers of flounder,reds and trout. I'd use a 1/4 ounce sinker,barrel swivel,16" leader with a 1/0 kale hook with live shrimp or mud minnows. I'd keep a popping float on me and drift shrimp in the channels. A flow though minnow bucket will keep your bait fresh

No peekin

Surf fishing is great for pompano and Whiting in this entire area now so surf fishing would be a good choice,lower tide seems to be best bite.

uturn

I have 2 projects going on up that way..running Hecksher Drive just about everyday and the bridges and usual areas Simpson’s Creek etc have been loaded with fisherman...and the Pompano in the surf as mentioned so, looks like it’s a good time to wet a line!

Also saw Tony Busela TPS Jigs with some fellas where one of the creeks empties into the river the other morning on the out going tide!! He’d be a good bet if you wanted to do an inshore guided trip while in the area he knows the hot spots for sure! And he’s a lot of fun to be on the boat with!

Good luck!

RootConservative

Amelia Island State Park on the South end has a wicked current so you have to use plenty of weight. I fish from a bass boat that whole area regularly. But during tide changes the water really moves through there be careful.

mark-7mag

I have 2 projects going on up that way..running Hecksher Drive just about everyday and the bridges and usual areas Simpson’s Creek etc have been loaded with fisherman...and the Pompano in the surf as mentioned so, looks like it’s a good time to wet a line!

Also saw Tony Busela TPS Jigs with some fellas where one of the creeks empties into the river the other morning on the out going tide!! He’d be a good bet if you wanted to do an inshore guided trip while in the area he knows the hot spots for sure! And he’s a lot of fun to be on the boat with!

Good luck!
Just passed over that bridge a couple hours ago and it was packed with fishermen. We have a charter booked for in the morning. Not sure if I’ll be able to do any other fishing while we’re here

mark-7mag

High winds this morning with choppy waters. Fished the Cumberland inlet and St Mary’s. Caught whiting several sharks and a couple of stingrays FFD981C4-62D5-4522-BA59-6F6C08780884.jpeg