Fishing for Crappie, Bluegill, Catfish for food in November

chinmoy808

I've been fishing for a few years and my parents want me to bring home some fish to eat for once. I would like to oblige them this month. Where should I fish and with what?
My target species are Bluegill and other Sunfish, both species of Crappie, and maybe a catfish or two. I live in Gwinnett near Tucker, and I'm able to drive to Lake Lanier and Allatoona. My primary choice of water body is these two lakes, but the Chattahoochee is also an option, and any other good public lakes or rivers with minimal pollution would be nice. I don't have a boat or much in the way of water transport, so it's bank fishing or wading in shallow water for me.
My question is where is best at this time of year to fish for bluegill at least, not just lakes but locations on the lakes, and maybe what to fish with. I'm gonna use worm and bobber, fly and bobber, as well as a trout magnet under a bobber, but if any other methods are good/better, I'd love to hear it.

hopper

Fort Yargo in Winder or Stone Mountain park is good for bank fishing. Or hit Kroger and buy some fish, probably cheaper with gas and tackle prices these days. :)
Has Ft Yargo gotten any better in the last couple yrs?

Big7

The Oracle
Has Ft Yargo gotten any better in the last couple yrs?
No. It's not stocked or managed in any way that I'm aware of. It's a shame too. I can get there in 20 minutes.

Varner is a good place to bank fish. It has a dock and a lot of shoreline.

Drive to the boat ramp parking area and start to the right of the ramp. Work your way back left to the "overlook" parking. That's where the dock is. Keep going left and you will have to stop at the water plant.

Brim, Bass, Crappie and Catfish are in there. Some of the Catfish are big.

5 $ for a tagged vehicle if it's not Walton or Newton County.