Fishing Smith Creek Tomorrow 3/16

JonathanG2013

I was going to go up to fish the DH Smith Creek in Helen, GA tomorrow. I wonder if the rain last night and the cold front would affect the bite that much?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Might be there myself.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Maybe I will see you. I am in a black chevy cruze.

Grey 2018 Nissan PU

I am 3 miles from Unicoi right now and the creek behind the cabin is Full. Might go down and check out Smith creek and let you know something. Rain has stopped for now.

JonathanG2013

Grey 2018 Nissan PU

I am 3 miles from Unicoi right now and the creek behind the cabin is Full. Might go down and check out Smith creek and let you know something. Rain has stopped for now.

That would be nice if you could. Last time I fished it was very high. Caught one.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
That would be nice if you could. Last time I fished it was very high. Caught one.

It is high and the further downstream you go it gets cloudy. Very cloudy at the end of 356 where it dumps into the hooch. Lake is at full pool and as much standing water as is in the ditches not likely to go down much overnight.

JonathanG2013

It is high and the further downstream you go it gets cloudy. Very cloudy at the end of 356 where it dumps into the hooch. Lake is at full pool and as much standing water as is in the ditches not likely to go down much overnight.

Think you will try it tomorrow or not?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
50/50 depends on how fast the wife wants to head back to Newton county. Temp this morning is 40* at the cabin.

JonathanG2013

Took 2 pics. First is a bow that I caught with the peacock hurl fly I tied. Second is a brown caught on pink egg.

Attachments

• rps20190317_211642.jpg
    rps20190317_211642.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 31
  • rps20190317_211732.jpg
    rps20190317_211732.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: