Fishing With Capt. StripeRR HunteRR

Thread starter #1
We launched on Lanier today at about 0745 and the topwater bite was off the chain. StripeRR hooked up on his second cast not 5 minutes after we launched and I hooked up immediately thereafter. The fish were small but the action was brisk. Altogether we boated at least 8 fish and it was an almost even split between 1-2 lb Spots and Stripers and all of them fought with attitude.

The bite was steady right up until about 10:30 when it started to slow down but the fish were still feeding on top right up until we called it done around 11:30 this morning.

We did hook one big one on a down line at about 25' deep but he broke the line before I could get the rod out of the rod holder. Impatient sucker he was!

It's hard to have a bad time fishing with Mike. He has the magic touch and always marks lots of fish whether they bite or not. Today was an exceptional trip. The weather was a perfect Fall morning, hot temps notwithstanding and the fish were definitely turned on and we slayed them early. I don't think I've seen that much topwater action in a long time. We were like kids in a candy store.

Fish 1.JPG

Fish 2.JPG Fish 3 (2).JPG

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Looks like a fine, fun trip!

Nice catch and a fun day it looks like. But if you need me to get you a Real
roll tide Hat just let me know...lol

specialk

All that red scared the big ones away...lol.....thanks for sharing....good day on the water!!

Thread starter #16
I bet ya'll could have caught 20 if ya hadn't gotten tied up talking politics on the lake.
Good Job Captain
I don't think we mentioned a word about politics. We were having too much fun to spoil it.:bounce: