Fly Swap Pics

Bigtimber

Looks good! I know a spot Id love to try that one out at.

gunnurse

The credit for this fly goes to Willy Self. He calls it Willy’s UV Cray. He uses sili-skin, which is a silicone type material. This cray looks nowhere as good as his. I had to use a different material for the pincers and shell for this fly. It was still a ball to tie. The tying recipe and instructions are on You Tube.

I had to use thin skin. It is more like a plastic sheet. Does anyone know where I can get silicone sili skin, please?

Last edited:

gunnurse

Mine came today. A little early Christmas!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The credit for this fly goes to Willy Self. He calls it Willy’s UV Cray. He uses sili-skin, which is a silicone type material. This cray looks nowhere as good as his. I had to use a different material for the pincers and shell for this fly. It was still a ball to tie. The tying recipe and instructions are on You Tube.

I had to use thin skin. It is more like a plastic sheet. Does anyone know where I can get silicone sili skin, please?
Looks like about every online fly shop has it. I just googled it and got pages worth. Looks like interesting stuff, I've never used it.