Fly Swap

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I would like to host a Fly Swap here. Please reply to this post if you are interested. I will update this first post as swappers come onboard.This swap is open to any Woodys member that ties their own fishing flys, fresh or salt water. Please reveiw this first post to see if I have added you to the list. I will also put (Received) by your name as I get you flys in the mail.Please review the rules below before signing up. Also please , as you post, anounce the pattern you intend to tie.
Rules for the swap.
1.There will be a limit of 15 swappers(Probably won't get that many)
2. Number of flys to tie will be the number of swappers involved
3.Deadline for joining will be February 15 2006
4. Deadline for mailing flys to the host will be March 15 2006
5. All flys must be mailed to the host in a hard container and inside a Padded mailer. Altoid tins are perfect for this purpose.These will be mailed back to you at the end of the swap.
6. You must send, with your flys, return postage. Preferably a padded mailer with your address and with postage affixed.
7.The theme of this swap will be any fly that you feel is your go to fly. The fly you have the most confidence in.
8. As you finish your flys PM me for the address to mail them to.
9. I will mail the flys back to you, one fly from each swapper, within one week of the mailing deadline.
10. Anyone late by one week will have all their flys returned.
11. I will have a drawing after I have received all the flys and before returning them, and the swapper drawn will receive an extra gift from me.
12. Please toe tag your flys(slips of paper with board name and pattern)
on each before mailing.

OK lets see how many swappers we get.

1. Paymaster- Royal Trude(received)
2. UGAff- Al's Camo Hopper(received)
3. alex30808- Caddis
4. bucktail- Olive Crystal Bugger(received)
5. drgnhntr37- The McGinty
6. Fwhitker- Hurless Nymph(received)

:cheers:

Last edited:

UGAff

Count me in! Pattern to be determined soon!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome UGAff :clap:

Nugefan

I can't tie.....:cry:

but I want to see pix .....Please

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I will post or the tyer can post the pics if they want. Good idea Nugefan. Thanks.

alex30808

I'm in....I am going to tie a caddis pattern that has always been my GO TO fly... I will post photos as I tie them.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome alex30808. Thanks for joining.

bucktail

I'm in. Thanks for hosting!! It'll be one of my best performers. It's not a dainty dry or even a respectable nymph. It just catches trout no matter were you go.

Olive Crystal Bugger. Trout just love it!

Justin

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome bucktail, Glad to have in the swap.:clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Bumping to the top.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I will post pics as soon as the flys are received by me. Or if the tyer wishes, they may post themselves. I can't post'm till I get'm. Thanks for your and Nugefans suggestion. I will do what I can.:cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome drgnhntr37. Glad to add you to the swap.:cool:

bucktail

The McGinty Fly!! Great choice!!! My Granddad has one in his old fly box, he told me it used to be one of his best. I could never bring myself to use it, or tie another. That fly sits on his old Boo retired for the ages. I just look up at that old setup and think of all the fish that were brought to hand by it. Two generations fished with that rod, my Granddad gave it to my Dad and he used it for a good while. That was of course until that new fangled fiberglass rod came out. I have always wanted to take the old Boo out to catch just one fish to make the third generation but I'm afraid it just would hold up anymore.

Anyway, Thanks for the memory!!!!

Justin

Fwhitker

I would like to get in on the swap, I love to tie..........I can contribute the Hurless Nymph....I killed with it this past season

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Cool. Welcome to the swap,Fwhitker. We are glad to have you join.:clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
ttt

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
10 days left to sign up for this swap. Anyone else want to join.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I dont tie em but this heres going to the top for my freind.