Foley Alabamy

Thread starter #1

sinclair1

So a buddy moved there. Claims it has good demographics but it appears to be blue. What do you know about this area ?

Thread starter #3

sinclair1

Same here it looks sketchy online. Everywhere is bad now days online but. I Am only looking for about 10 sq miles of descent near the coast. Maybe magnolia in this area or Bay Rd.
We are on the 5 year plan and can't find anywhere that fits our needs. Not into hurricane living so we will need a 15-30 minute drive inland near the coast.

The mtn man

Foley is hot!! I go into Foley to get groceries when I'm in gulf shores, I'm going there next week as a matter of fact. My opinion of Foley is that it's full of visitors during the beach season, it has all the restaraunts. Like most of you, I've been to most every popular beach area on that coast line, and gulf shores is bar none my favorite. Small town feel, without all the high rise condos. Great fishing, great beaches. But if you need something you pretty much have to make the short drive to Foley or orange beach area. Everything in Foley is on the main road like most towns that cater to visitors, I've done some exploring and it seems fairly rural once you get away from that. I believe it's Baldwin county, not sure about taxes.

Thread starter #8

sinclair1

Foley is hot!! I go into Foley to get groceries when I'm in gulf shores, I'm going there next week as a matter of fact. My opinion of Foley is that it's full of visitors during the beach season, it has all the restaraunts. Like most of you, I've been to most every popular beach area on that coast line, and gulf shores is bar none my favorite. Small town feel, without all the high rise condos. Great fishing, great beaches. But if you need something you pretty much have to make the short drive to Foley or orange beach area. Everything in Foley is on the main road like most towns that cater to visitors, I've done some exploring and it seems fairly rural once you get away from that. I believe it's Baldwin county, not sure about taxes.
Thanks for the info.

Thread starter #10

sinclair1

Traffic can be bad there during popular beach weekends.
I would pick just outside the nonsense if possible. My old boss is in N. Santa Rosa Beach, drive one mile and your in it, but there he sits on hoggnose bay sipping bourbon on a rural street. I would go there if I could afford it, but can't

I do know a fella from nc mtns that has a place in Foley, he spends a lot of time there, he like fishing the gulf shores pier among other things. He is not an extremely wealthy man, so it must not be too expensive to have a place there or he wouldn't. He loves it there he says.

Foley is a suburb/ bedroom town most of it is recently developed. Newish= Nice'ish if that makes sense. Famous for outlet malls. Got a ridiculously good southern cuisine restaurant down there called Lambert's, where they (literally) throw food at you. About the most memorable thing about the place.

Alot of traffic during the summer. The Creek Indians just opened an amusment park and adjoining dining establishments. It's called OWA. Nothing much to do there but go to the beach. Closest towns of any size are Pensacola and Mobile, AL. Alabama has an income tax but gas is cheaper there than it is on Florida. Lamberts is a chain that started in Missouri and is really busy during tourist season. Bass Pro Shop is in Spanish Fort and a good brewery is in Fairhope, AL, Fairhope Brewing. Not much crime, still has a rural feel when you get off the main drag.

We camped there last year. Seemed like good people. But traffic is misery like any vacation spot. Seemed to have alot of working class there. Not alot of ebt users. Nobody axed me quessions

Thread starter #17

sinclair1

Seems like every time I even mention a place a hurricane goes thru there. Looks like Wednesday for foley:brick:

4HAND

Seems like every time I even mention a place a hurricane goes thru there. Looks like Wednesday for foley:brick:
Well don't mention any place between Cedar Key & Carrabelle. Looks like this storm has it's eye my area already! Not wishing anything on anyone else, but hoping it goes elsewhere.