Food Plot fence,,,,,

z71mathewsman

Going to be putting in a small food plot on my private property around mid September.It is small,,30 yrds wide,75 yrds long.Ton of deer on property.I tried it last year,but the deer never gave it a chance to grow.I have heard to put construction ribbon around it like a fence,one 2foot off ground,next 4 foot of ground.Anyone ever tried this to keep them out till October??

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I would plant clover with a nurse crop of wheat.They will eat the wheat and give the clover a chance to grow.
I have also heard of using monofiliment line every 1 ft up to 6 ft height and they won't cross it.

wyldwulf

I have had pretty good luck with the plot saver systems. That, along with milorganite has gotten my plots up and going pretty well. I may not have the deer density that you all do, but for $50 you can cover a pretty good area.

BCPbuckhunter

I have had pretty good luck with the plot saver systems. That, along with milorganite has gotten my plots up and going pretty well. I may not have the deer density that you all do, but for $50 you can cover a pretty good area.
I tried the plotsaver this year and it worked great for me, and much cheaper than an electric fence.

doesplitter

I put fishing string about 3ft high around my garden and deer want mess with it.

No peekin

I have good luck spreading milorgannite over my freshly planted plots,to get them started and keep the deer out.

shdw633

I have good luck spreading milorgannite over my freshly planted plots,to get them started and keep the deer out.

How much do you put out for say a 1/2 acre plot to keep them off?