Food Plot Mix

CF2015

A few photos of one of the food plots I planted this year.

Mix of:
Buck Forage Oats
Frostmaster Winter Peas
Turnips
Rape
Diakon Radish
Kale
Sugar Beets
Durana Clover
Regal Graze Clover
Osceola Clover

20 Acres planted on 9/27 with a Firminator

Attachments

• IMG_8624.jpeg
    IMG_8624.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8714.jpeg
    IMG_8714.jpeg
    695.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    690.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8717.jpeg
    IMG_8717.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 116

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looking good.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Very nice!

FOLES55

Yeah boy, Got you some groceries!

CF2015

It looks great. How attractive is that mix to the deer?

I was worried it would take a frost for them to start eating the brassicas, however that wasn't the case at all. First time trying it this year and the deer, hogs and turkeys are absolutely hammering it. We are seeing 3-4 times the amount of deer from previous seasons. I'm really looking forward to the clover coming in flush during spring when the rest dies off. Next year I'll likely add wheat and increase the % of winter peas, to give the brassicas more time to mature. This field is one of the bigger plots, but the smaller plots are sparse from overgrazing.

Triple C

Great looking plots CF. How many years have you had the Firminator? How do you like it? Have you had any issues with it?

I've been running a Plotmaster since 2011. My next planter will be either a Woods or Firminator?

CF2015

Great looking plots CF. How many years have you had the Firminator? How do you like it? Have you had any issues with it?

I've been running a Plotmaster since 2011. My next planter will be either a Woods or Firminator?

Just purchased it this season. It was excellent. 20 acres planted in just one day. I will say we debated between the 6 ft and 8 ft models, and I'm glad we eventually went with the 8 ft. I researched it for at least three year before the purchase. I was still skeptical about how it would perform in wet muddy soil and it exceeded expectations. I would highly recommend it. You can see how smooth it left the seed bed.

Attachments

• IMG_8589 1.jpeg
    IMG_8589 1.jpeg
    609.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8588 2.jpeg
    IMG_8588 2.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 55

traptheline

I’ve owned a Firminator for 3 years now. My only complaint in the amount of seed it leaves on top of the ground while planting. So this past weekend I got a chance to compare the Plot Master vs The Firminator. My adjoining neighbor has a Plot Master. We both prepared our fields identical before planting soybeans. He planted two field and I planted two fields. Our soil samples are near identical. I will tell you first hand... The Plot Master blew the doors off my Firminator. Like I said I’ve used the Firminator for 3 years now planting over 18 acres of food plots.