Food Saver Machine....(thoughts?)

Tank

I purchased a "Food Saver" Machine in the past.....it's the type that vacuums out the air and seals the meat in an air tight bag.

I've had great success with deer, beef, quail, fish and pork....but I was wondering if anyone here has used it for seafood.....ie shrimp. I know shrimp are delicate when it comes to cooking/storing....and the only way I know to store them other than this way is to freeze them in water....

Any Ideas for a "Food Saver" Machinefor shrimp or other delicate shell fish?

BTW.....The easiest way to have a good deer camp dinner.......freeeze some deer chili in a "food saver" bag......just boil it in water for a few mins and you've got an instant GOOD Deer camp MRE... :fine:

Tank

camper

Tank,
I"ve had a Food Saver for a long time and have used it on almost everything. The fish filets and seafoood I have vacuum packed tasted just fine months after being frozen. I have to date my food so I can keep up with it. Recently while cleaning out the freezer I came across some meat 2 years old that was still sealed. It tasted just fine. I do try to look in on the frozen foods from time to time to see if any has developed a leak. Last month I noticed a generic brand of bags in the store so I thought about giving them a try. They did not seal as good and did not seem to be of the same quality as the Food Saver bags. Good eating...

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Re:

A Food Saver was some of the best money I ever spent!
I've never encountered anything it didn't keep fresh.

Latest posts