For those using TSS, for 20 guage, question ?

Bubba_1122

I didn't know my little comment was gonna be taken so literally or that it'd generate so much analyzation on what flopping and flapping means. :D

I just know that on the birds I've killed since I started using TSS there was zero question about their demise.

TSS is deadly stuff. I've killed 13 birds since I started using it. Did they twitch, flip, flap, flop, fuart or give me the finger? Doesn't matter. They were dead and there was zero question about it pretty much from the moment I squeezed the trigger.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s my favorite part.... the flop ! Makes his buddy come running a lot of times , double flopping is even better !

Bubba_1122

Yep - one of my favorite things is when his buddy comes running. I especially like to shoot the buddy when he's standing on top of his dead buddy. Terminology: that's the two-story flip- flop.

The Flip - that's when that curtain of #9's hits so hard that the bird flips over backwards.

And of course when he hits the ground - I guess that could be considered the flop (Merriam Webster - flop - to throw or move oneself in a heavy, clumsy, or relaxed manner).

They are pretty relaxed after they been hit by the t-steel curtain (actually, they just pretty dead).

Is anyone ready for turkey season yet? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Preacher56

I love carrying my lite weight 20ga and know that I have a more efficient turkey gun than when I shot a 3.5” 12ga with lead.

Bubba_1122

I love carrying my lite weight 20ga and know that I have a more efficient turkey gun than when I shot a 3.5” 12ga with lead.

Yep - speaking of lite weight - will be an 870 in 28 gauge with a Millet red dot for me. I loaded ten 28 gauge 1 5/16 #9 shells early this morning. Will pattern the gun this afternoon (or tomorrow afternoon) and if all's well with my pattern will get around to conditioning calls, making sure everythings in one place and start the countdown for next month.