For you guys who bought a Bear vanish crossbow.

WoodlandScout82

Hey guys. I know several of you bought a Bear Vanish X crossbow for hunting bucks and bears up in the mountains like I did. Here's some issues I had with mine.

First off, the bow itself is super accurate and plenty powerful, the problem I had was the scope included in the package. The adjustment increments are too small for a crossbow, at only 1click = 1/4" @100yards, I ran out of height adjustment and had the windage dialed almost hard-over to get it zeroed at 20 yards.
Also, the reticle was not calibrated properly and any clear yardage. And the instructions didn't have any info either. So using my rangefinder this is what yardages I found mine to be close to: 20~34~47~?
Those numbers are too odd for me and the fact that I have no adjustment left for zeroing Broadheads, I took matters into my own hands. I machined a 1/2" riser for the scope rail, and changed to higher rings which changed the sight plane and brought the scope reticle graduations closer to whole numbers. Still disatisfied, I changed the cheap optic to a holosight, and will zero at 30 yards and compensate +or- a few inches for shorter or longer shots. Just wanted to share my experience so far so mine of you are suprised. Love the bow, it's super accurate, but make sure you don't wait too long to get it out and sort out any issues you have as season is coming fast!

Attachments

• received_2343241645897530.jpeg
    received_2343241645897530.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 9
  • received_1201542660016606.jpeg
    received_1201542660016606.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 11
  • received_1606866196111747.jpeg
    received_1606866196111747.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 11

jbogg

I ran into similar issues with the cheap scope that came with my crossbow. I ended up purchasing the MAP (Multiple Aim Point) crossbow scope and it has been the ticket. It comes pre-set at 4x with 10 yard increments. It’s not made for the crazy distances you see on the raven commercials, rather it is set up as a hunting scope. From 0 to 40 yards I am hitting an area the size of a tennis ball every time. Out to 50 yards I’m still good, but I learned my lesson the hard way last year and will never take a shot on a deer that far again. I cannot recall what I paid, but I know it was not expensive.

WoodlandScout82

I ran into similar issues with the cheap scope that came with my crossbow. I ended up purchasing the MAP (Multiple Aim Point) crossbow scope and it has been the ticket. It comes pre-set at 4x with 10 yard increments. It’s not made for the crazy distances you see on the raven commercials, rather it is set up as a hunting scope. From 0 to 40 yards I am hitting an area the size of a tennis ball every time. Out to 50 yards I’m still good, but I learned my lesson the hard way last year and will never take a shot on a deer that far again. I cannot recall what I paid, but I know it was not expensive.
I'm gonna run the red dot as I use one on my rifle as well. 40 yards is a long shot up there, especially in the early season.